I always buy bananas with the intent of eating them throughout the week. Of course, I never get around to it or I’m stuck with 2-3 extra bananas that are just too ripe to eat!
Because of my bad banana habits I’m always looking for new delicious banana recipes to make.
Related Recipe: You’ll love these Healthy Banana Walnut Muffins.
How to Make Banana Crumb Muffins:
Trust me when I say you’ll want to make these for breakfast ASAP! Here’s how you do it!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place 15 muffin liners in muffin cups.
You could also make 12 large muffins instead of 15 regular-sized.
In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter with a hand mixer. We love this one!
Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. It’s okay if there are a few lumps!
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 the way full.
If you are just making 12 muffins, fill them a little fuller, but not too much to avoid overflowing when they bake up.
To make the crumble, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon.
Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Banana Muffin Mix-Ins
We’ve had hundreds of people reach out to us to tell us they’ve made these muffins and LOVED them.
We’ve heard so many variations of this recipe from people who have made them their own.
Here are a few changes you could make or mix-in to your muffins!
- Chocolate chips
- Whole wheat flour instead of white flour
- Butterscotch chips
- Salted caramel
More muffin recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff:
Here are a few more delicious muffin recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff!
- Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Soft Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
- Coconut Banana Bread Muffins
- Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
Banana Crumb Muffin Recipe
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place 15 muffin liners in muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin Liners
- Large Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Small Mixing Bowl
Recipe source: AllRecipes
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we’re making our Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins!