As soon as the leaves start changing, I am ready to bust out the fall baking! I might be basic, but I love pumpkin spice everything.
The combination of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg is absolutely heavenly to me.
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
I love making muffins every week so my kids can grab them as a quick snack or for breakfast in the morning.
These Pumpkin Spice Muffins are so soft because they are made with pure pumpkin puree and greek yogurt. No butter or eggs!
The brown sugar streusel on top has a hint of pumpkin spice and gives every bite the perfect amount of sweetness.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Muffins:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice.
Add pumpkin puree, greek yogurt and vanilla extract; mix until well combined.
Divide batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 full. I like to use a 2 Tablespoon cookie dough scoop to make all the muffins the same size.
In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and softened butter with a fork until crumbs form.
If you need to soften your butter coming straight from the fridge, simply microwave it for 15-20 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl.
Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of muffins. I divided my streusel crumble evenly between 15 muffins, so keep that in mind as you are sprinkling it on top.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
You can also check to see if your muffins are done by gently pressing your fingertip into the center of the muffin. If the muffin top bounces back and holds it shape, they are good to go!
Related recipe: love a good pumpkin recipe made from scratch? Then you’ll love our Pumpkin Cookies, too!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe:
If pumpkin chocolate chip is more your thing, you could easily convert this recipe to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Simply skip the crumb topping, and fold in 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips in the batter before scooping batter into the muffin tin. Cook as directed.
The best pumpkin dessert recipes:
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll Bars
- Pumpkin Muffin Bites
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Buttercream
Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add pumpkin puree, greek yogurt and vanilla extract; mix until well combined.
- Divide batter into cupcake liners until 2/3 full.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and softened butter with a fork until crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Muffin Tin
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?