would this dough work as pizza dough?
what yeast is best for this recipe?
For this recipe, we used Active Dry Yeast. We have only made it using Active Dry Yeast, so I am not sure how the other variations of yeast would compare.
We prefer the active dry yeast as well because it is quick, and works perfectly every time for us.
what could i dip these breadsticks in?
I am a huge breadstick dipper. Granted, I could eat bread all day long without dipping it, but these are so delicious dipped.
We like to dip ours in:
- Garlic Butter
- Marinara or Pizza Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- Salad Dressings
You can honestly dip them in just about anything you make for dinner. I love dipping these in my salad dressing or my soups. We also usually make pasta when we have these breadsticks, so I dip it into the pasta sauce we are having that night and it is delicious, every time.
watch how to make another simple bread stick recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Easy Cheesy Sticks are so easy to make and come together in just minutes. If you are in need of a quick side or appetizer, this one is one we definitely recommend.
looking for more copycat recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Copycat Hug Hes Chicken Pasta Salad
- Copycat PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat
- Copycat Pineapple Lumpia
Homemade Pizza Factory Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Mix together warm water, sugar and yeast until smooth, then let sit for 5 minutes.
- Then add in the flour and salt. Roll out dough into a large square on a floured surface. Brush with melted (real) butter mixed with garlic and then sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Fold in half and cut into 1 inch strips. Twist and place on a cooking sheet. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes to raise.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately after baking, brush with more garlic butter and sprinkle with Kosher salt and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Baking Sheet