This Zuppa Toscana Soup is one of my favorites from Olive Garden and now you can make it at home.
This recipe is perfect to get you warm on a cold chilly day. It is so simple to make and is full of flavor.
We make it with our Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks, and dip it in the hot broth.
To add more heat to this delicious soup, use a hot sausage or add more crushed red pepper flakes.
Be sure to try our Copycat Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana too!
Ingredients in Zuppa Toscana Soup:
- Italian sausage
- thick bacon
- sweet onion
- low-sodium chicken broth
- Russet potatoes
- garlic cloves
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- half and half
- shredded Parmesan cheese
How to make Zuppa Toscana Soup:
- Heat saucepan over medium-high heat. Crumble sausage into 1-inch pieces and add to saucepan.
- Cook sausage, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
- Drain sausage onto a plate or baking dish lined with paper towels, set sausage aside.
- Add diced bacon and chopped onion to saucepan and saute mixture until bacon is cooked through and onions are translucent, about 3 – 5 minutes longer.
- Add chicken broth, water, sliced potatoes, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Bring soup just to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cooked sausage.
- Cover saucepan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are nearly tender, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add in kale then simmer until potatoes are soft and kale is tender, about 5 – 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in half and half and warm through.
- Serve warm topped with Parmesan cheese.
Does my meat have to be pre-cooked?
We highly recommend cooking your meat separately. This will keep out extra grease, and allow you to rinse and drain the excess.