This Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Copycat soup recipe is one of my favorite soups to make. It is full of flavor and is easy to make in the Instant Pot.
While it is nice to go out to eat, it’s also great to make a tasty home cooked meal, not to mention it is easier on the wallet too. 😉 This Zuppa Toscana recipe is one of our favorite Olive Garden copycat recipes, everyone in our family loves it.
To round out this soup, you can always pair it with your favorite salad and breadsticks and you’ll definitely feel like you are at Olive Garden. We have a few breadstick recipes to try like our Easy Garlic Breadsticks, Sheet Pan Garlic Breadsticks, or why not another copycat recipe, such as our Olive Garden Breadsticks Copycat Recipe. All the recipes are perfectly dippable for this soup recipe.
Bring Olive Garden home with our copycat recipe! You’ll need everything from the lists below:
Instant Pot soup recipe ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Diced onion
- Italian sausage (remove casings)
- Minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Russet potatoes
- Heavy cream
- Chopped kale
- Bacon crumbles
This recipe calls for bacon crumbles so you will need to make it up ahead of time. A great and easy way to do that is by baking the bacon in the oven! If you haven’t done it before, try it now with Mom On Timeout’s guide to making the perfect bacon every time.
You will only need these few kitchen items for this family dinner recipe:
- Instant Pot
- Wooden spoon (THIS is a great one)
- Liquid measuring cup
- Cutting board (THESE are nice)
Wondering what Instant Pot we like to use?
Most of us have the Instant Pot LUX 6 Quart 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. It’s basically 6 appliances in 1 – pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, cake maker, and warmer. It is awesome!
Honestly, I don’t know how I would make it through the week without it now! Okay, that might be a bit dramatic, but you get my point.
Learn How To Make Our Copycat Olive Garden Recipe!
For this recipe get out your handy dandy Instant Pot, plug it in, press the SAUTE button, and add the olive oil to the inner pot.
Once the pot is warm add in the diced onion and uncased sausage. Saute the ingredients for about 5 minutes, breaking up the sausage as it cooks.
After the sausage is about done, add in the minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the sausage mix and stir it all together.
Next, add in 2 cups of chicken broth and stir everything together. This will loosen any of the onion pieces that might be stuck to the bottom of the Instant Pot and also help you avoid receiving the BURN notice while the soup cooks.
Then, stir in the diced potatoes.
Now, add in your prefered amount of salt and pepper.
Put the lid on and make sure the valve is turned to the SEALING position, push the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button, and set the timer for 15 minutes.
After the cooking time is done, do a quick release by turning the valve to the VENTING position.
Once all of the pressure has escaped, take the lid off and stir in the cream.
Then add in the chopped kale and bacon, stir everything up, serve, and enjoy your Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana!
Perfect Fall BBQ Recipe!
Hop on over to our YouTube channel and find more great recipes like this Instant Pot Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Dump and Go recipe! We walk you through all the steps of the recipe and even give you our tips and tricks along the way. This recipe is so simple to pull together and is extremely delicious, especially on Hawaiian rolls!
Put your Instant Pot to work (rather than you) with these great recipes!
- Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe
- EASY Instant Pot Seven Can Tortilla Soup (Perfect for Beginners)
- Instant Pot Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Instant Pot BBQ Country Ribs Recipe
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden Copycat Recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes add more for additional heat
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 large russet potatoes halved and cut into 1/4" slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups kale stems removed and roughly chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Press the SAUTE button. Add the oil to the inner cooking pot. When the pot is hot, add the onion and sausage and sauté for 5 minutes, breaking up the sausage. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and mix.
- Add in 2 cups of chicken broth and stir to release any onion pieces that may have stuck to the bottom. Stir in the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on top and lock into place. Turn the valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL (or Pressure Cook). Set the time for 15 minutes.
- When cooking ends, carefully turn the valve to VENTING for a quick release of the pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid, then stir in the cream. Heat through, then stir in the kale and the bacon.
- Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker)
Be sure to not miss another recipe!