I haven’t met an Olive Garden copycat recipe that I haven’t liked, and our Instant Pot pasta e fagioli recipe is no exception. There are so many amazing flavors all wrapped up in this delicious pasta soup recipe.
Pasta e fagioli recipe is such a good fall and winter recipe that can be made all in the Instant Pot. You can make this recipe over the stove, however, I love to use the Instant Pot because it cuts down on the time needed to let everything boil together to get all the flavors to meld together.
Plus then I don’t have to make the pasta separately, another huge plus! I can always use the extra time for other things rather than doing more dishes. Especially on the busy nights when you’re lucky just to sit down and eat as a family.
Have you tried our other amazing Olive Garden copycat recipes? If not, make sure to try our copycat Olive Garden zuppa toscana soup, Olive Garden copycat grilled chicken flatbread pizza, and you can’t forget the famous Olive Garden breadsticks recipe.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli Recipe:
- Olive oil
- Lean ground beef
- Onion, diced
- Minced garlic
- Tomato sauce (or condensed tomato soup will work)
- Diced celery
- Diced red bell pepper
- Diced yellow or orange bell pepper
- Chopped carrots
- Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Great Nothern beans, drained and rinsed
- Italian seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Ditalini pasata
- Beef broth or stock
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
How To Make Our Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli Recipe:
To begin making this tasty Olive Garden recipe, start by getting out your Instant Pot, plugging it in, and pressing the SAUTE button.
Once the front reads “HOT” add in the olive oil and let it heat up a bit.
Next, add in the ground beef and diced onion into the Instant Pot and completely brown the beef until it is no longer pink and the onions are translucent.
Then, add in the minced garlic cloves to the pot and continue to let everything cook for about another minute or so.
Now is the time to dump the rest of the ingredients in! Add in the tomato sauce, diced celery, diced red bell pepper, diced yellow bell pepper, chopped carrots, rinsed kidney beans, rinsed Great Northern beans, Italian seasoning, salt, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, uncooked ditalini pasta, and the beef broth.
Try and make sure the pasta is covered by the broth as much as possible to ensure it cooks well.
Then place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Make sure the valve is turned to the SEALING position, and then press the PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL button and set the timer for 5 minutes.
When the timer is done, turn the valve to the VENTING position to do a quick release of the pressure in the pot.
Once the pin drops down, all of the pressure has been released and you can remove the lid.
Stir all of the ingredients together with a wooden spoon, and then serve it with some freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil on top!
To Make Our Pasta e Fagioli Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one)
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon or spatula
ADD A FREEZER MEAL CALLOUT HERE
How to Make Homemade Tomato Sauce?
Since summer is wrapping up, you might be trying to find ways to use up your fresh and ripe tomatoes from your garden. One of my favorite ways is to make homemade tomato sauce!
If you have never made your own tomato sauce, Erren’s Kitchen has a great and easy homemade tomato sauce recipe that you should definitely try!
Plus you can use it in place of the canned tomato sauce and add even more flavor to this dish!
How to Store Pasta e Fagioli
This recipe will make quite a bit! So, if you don’t think you’ll be able to finish it off, make sure you store it so you can pull it out for a super easy dinner for later.
After the soup has cooled down, the best way to store the pasta soup is in a large gallon sized ziplock bag. Once you have it zip up lay it flat in the freezer and let it freeze.
By laying it flat it makes it easier to defrost. Sometimes I will put a cookie sheet in the freezer to provide a flat space to freeze on.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
The Perfect Dishes to Serve with this Olive Garden Copycat Recipe:
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Copycat Recipe (without Wine)
- Olive Garden Fresh Garden Salad Copycat Recipe
- Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast Recipe
- 5 Minute Fluffy Yogurt Fruit Salad Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe
- Caprese Salad Recipe
- Layered Cobb Salad Recipe
- Quick Homemade Breadsticks Recipe (35 Minutes)
- Olive Garden Breadsticks Copycat
Load Up Your Menu this Fall with All the Delicious Soup Recipes You Can!
- Instant Pot Sausage Ravioli Soup Recipe
- 20 Minute Cheesy Beef Taco Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheesy Butternut Squash Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Tex Mex Cheesy Chicken Soup Recipe
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Cheesy Southwest Chicken Soup Recipe
- Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Dump and Go Meatball Soup Recipe
P.S. For more easy soup recipes to make in your Instant Pot, click here!
Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli Recipe (Olive Garden Copycat)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce (can also use condensed tomato soup)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 15 ounces canned kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 6 cups beef broth or stock
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil optional topping
- Press SAUTE on your Instant Pot.
- Once it heats up, add the olive oil.
- Place the ground beef and onion into the Instant Pot with the hot oil and brown until fully cooked.
- Add in the garlic and saute for a minute more.
- Dump in the rest of your ingredients, making sure that as much of the pasta as possible is covered by the beef broth.
- Place the lid on top, press the PRESSURE COOK and set timer for 5 minutes.
- When the timer is done, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Stir everything together and serve. If desired, top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Optional toppings are not included in nutritional information.
- Instant Pot
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon or Spatula
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.