There is this tiny little pizza place up in Cache Valley, Utah called “Pizza Plus”. It’s a great little family-owned shop, but to be honest, I’ve never actually eaten their pizza. In fact, I don’t think a lot of people have. If you ask anyone in town what to get there, all of them will tell you to get their breadsticks. Just their delicious, cheesy, twisty breadsticks.
It’s almost a 40-minute round-trip drive to go pick up a box of them and while sometimes I can totally justify that trip, most days I can’t! These are a delicious version you can make at-home (and they really don’t take a lot of effort!).
Looking for other bread recipes? Try these:
- No-Knead Honey Wheat Bread
- Garlic Dinner Rolls
- 6 Loaves of Bread in One Hour
- Mini Balsamic Baguettes
- Little Caesars Crazy Bread
Twisted Cheese Breadsticks Recipe
These twisted cheese breadsticks are a lot easier to make than you'd think! They are gooey, delicious, and make the perfect side dish.
- 17.3 ounces frozen puff pastry
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Allow dough to thaw on a floured surface (you'll know it's thawed enough when you can unfold it).
- Unfold each sheet and lay flat. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over each sheet, pressing it down firmly into the dough with your fingers.
- Cut each sheet into 1" strips (there will be about 6 strips from each sheet).
- Twist each strip and set it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and breadsticks start to turn golden.
Calories: 302 kcal · Carbohydrates: 19 g · Protein: 7 g · Fat: 22 g · Saturated Fat: 7 g · Cholesterol: 15 mg · Sodium: 219 mg · Potassium: 39 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 1 g · Vitamin A: 127 IU · Calcium: 98 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Baking Sheet
Recipe adapted from: All Recipes
Questions & Reviews