Do you ever order an appetizer as your main course?
I saw this Grilled Chicken Alfredo Flatbread Pizza on the menu at Olive Garden and it looked amazing! It was listed as an appetizer, but I actually ordered it as my main dish. It was the perfect “light” dinner and was perfect served with Olive Garden’s famous salad and breadsticks.
I decided to come home and recreate this dish myself – it’s easy! With a couple short cuts (use pita breads as the base and use jarred alfredo sauce), this dish really does come together in a matter of minutes.
How to make chicken flatbread pizzas
These flatbread pizzas are so simple to make!
Start by spreading alfredo sauce on a flatbread. Top with mozzarella cheese and then add toppings to your liking (we used red pepper, tomatoes, and green onions – just like they do at the restaurant.)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and let the pizzas bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut into bite size pieces to serve as an appetizer or serve as a pizza for a main dish.
Tips for making Grilled Chicken Flatbread pizzas
- I used flatbreads from my grocery store, but sometimes I will use pita breads. Both work perfectly!
- If you don’t feel like grilling chicken, you can buy cooked grilled chicken strips at most grocery stores. It makes this recipe even easier!
- If you have picky eaters, let each person add their own toppings to their liking.
- If desired, you can top these pizzas with some fresh basil – it’s delicious!
- Fresh parmesan cheese also tastes great on these pizzas.
- Before assembling the pizzas, toast your flatbread or pita bread for a crispier crust.
Related recipe: love flatbread pizza? You’ll love our Mexican Flatbread Pizza!
How to roast a bell pepper
For this recipe, I would highly recommend roasting the pepper so that it’s a true copycat recipe. However, these flatbreads will still be delicious even without roasting the pepper.
Roasting a pepper is simple:
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- Slice the bell pepper and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and lay your pepper slices in a single layer on the sheet.
- Roast peppers under the broiler until the skin starts to turn dark (about 4-5 minutes – watch carefully so that they do not burn!). Cut into smaller pieces and use as a topping for your pizza.
Other toppings you could add to flatbread pizzas:
If you don’t care for peppers, tomatoes, and onions, feel free to try these other toppings!
- Cooked sausage
- Black olives
- Switch out the alfredo sauce for BBQ sauce
- Ham (or Canadian Bacon)
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other copycat recipes to try:
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- In N’ Out Animal Style Fries
- KFC Coleslaw
- Disneyland Gumbo
- Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira