I love cooking delicious dinners for my family, but by the time I’ve made the main dish, the side dish is usually an afterthought.
I love roasting vegetables in the oven because it is quick, easy and they come out perfectly tender.
I knew I wasn’t going to have a lot of time later in the day to make dinner, so I whipped these Slow Cooker Roasted Vegetables up in a few minutes, let my slow cooker do the work for me and we had a tasty side dish ready by dinnertime!
How to Roast Vegetables in the Oven:
If you prefer to roast your vegetables in the oven or didn’t put these veggies in your slow cooker early enough in the day to be ready by dinner time you CAN make cook them in the oven.
Prepare the vegetables according to the recipe instructions, then spread in an even layer on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray rather than placing them in the slow cooker.
Cook at 425 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and start to brown.
How to Roast Vegetables in the Slow Cooker:
These Slow Cooker Roasted Vegetables might be my new favorite side dish because they are so easy to make.
Start by cutting your vegetables into bite-sized pieces. If you dice your vegetables, they will be cut too small.
You also want to be sure to cut your zucchini into larger pieces as it will cook the fastest.
Pour all of the cut vegetables into a gallon-sized resealable bag, pour olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Seal the bag then shake to coat all the vegetables in oil and seasoning.
Pour the bag of seasoned vegetables into a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Cover the slow cooker with the lid then cook on low for 5-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Sprinkle grated Parmesan on top of vegetables after cooking.
Serve immediately to avoid vegetables getting cold or soggy (I’m looking at you, zucchini).
What to serve with roasted vegetables:
We love serving these roasted veggies with our 7-Up Grilled Chicken, Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken or our Easy Marinated Pork Chops.
Looking for more side dishes? Here are 60 of our favorite Christmas Dinner Sides to eat with Beef Tenderloin!
The best roasted vegetable recipes:
- Roasted Balsamic Mushrooms and Vegetables
- Roasted Balsamic Carrots
- Parmesan Harvest Veggie Bake
- Italian Roasted Vegetable Medley
- Roasted Parmesan Lemon Asparagus
Slow Cooker Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 6 baby red potatoes (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 onion (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 zucchini (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (0.7 ounce) package dry Italian dressing mix
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash, dry and cut vegetables.
- Place vegetables in a gallon-sized resealable bag.
- Pour olive oil on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle package dry Italian seasoning over the vegetables.
- Seal bag closed and shake to coat vegetables evenly in oil and seasoning.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and pour seasoned vegetables inside.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
- Ziploc Bag
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Questions & Reviews