The perfect appetizer or snack (or even meal!) are these Copycat Baked Avocado Egg Rolls.
My husband and I lived in California after we were married and one of our favorite places to eat was BJ’s Brewhouse.
The deep dish pizza there is amazing, but even better than the pizza is the avocado egg rolls. Oh my goodness.
They are to. die. for.
We were daydreaming about them the other day, and now that we live in Utah we decided to make our own.
Ingredients in Baked Avocado Egg Rolls:
- 3 medium avocados
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- nonstick cooking spray
How to make Baked Avocado Egg Rolls:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine avocados, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, salt and lime juice. Fold gently to combine.
- Place a few tablespoons of avocado mixture to the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold the side corners in and roll up. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of egg rolls with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping over halfway through.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
What could I dip these in?
I am a total sauce and dip person. I even love dipping these avocado egg rolls. You don’t have to dip them, but if you are looking to dip them in something, here is what I recommend:
- Bang Bang Shrimp Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Balsamic Dressing or Vinaigrette
- Soy Sauce
- Eel Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Sauce (this one is definitely our favorite to dip them in).