My husband and I lived in California after we were married and one of our favorite places to eat was BJ’s Brewhouse.
The deep dish pizza there is amazing, but even better than the pizza is the avocado egg rolls. Oh my goodness.
They are to. die. for.
We were daydreaming about them the other day, and now that we live in Utah we decided to make our own.
They were spot on, and seriously tasted better than the restaurant. And I didn’t even have to leave the comforts of my own home to taste them.
what could i dip these in?
I am a total sauce and dip person. I even love dipping these avocado egg rolls. You don’t have to dip them, but if you are looking to dip them in something, here is what I recommend:
- Bang Bang Shrimp Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Balsamic Dressing or Vinaigrette
- Soy Sauce
- Eel Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Sauce (this one is definitely our favorite to dip them in).
how to know when an avocado is ripe:
Avocados can be tricky, especially when you live in a place where they are not grown. We live in Utah, and there are no local avocado trees, so most of our avocados are shipped.
We are huge avocado lovers, but it can be tricky to pick the right one, when you don’t have a ton of experience with them.
Here are a few tips when looking for the perfect avocado:
- Darker colored avocados often mean they are more ripe. The bright green avocados usually mean they need a little more development, and have a little more time. Depending on when you plan to eat them, should decipher what kind you need to get.
- I usually go for the darker avocados, because we usually eat them within three to four days of buying them. You will also want to check for indents or bruises. This will often mean it is overripe.
- You do want your avocados to give a little when you give them a slight squeeze. However, you don’t want them to be too much and remain indented when you push them inwards.
- As long as they are a little darker and give a little, they should be perfect.
watch how to make another Avocado recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Watch how to make this Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich, here:
looking for more appetizers? here are a few of our favorite:
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Skinny Bacon Ranch Dip
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Classic Pigs in a Blanket
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!