If you have never made fried pork chops this is the best recipe to learn how to make chicken fried pork chops. It is a simple recipe, but let that fool you, the flavor and texture of this dish are amazing!
Some days you just crave some good southern comfort food, and this pork chop dish checks all the boxes. It is a wonderfully hearty dish and is fried in oil to get that beautifully golden crispy breading.
Sometimes I will even double this recipe since I’m already frying, I will fry extra and freeze the rest! Then when I’m ready just pop the frozen ones in the air fryer for an easy dinner.
Not sure what to serve with fried pork chops? Think comfort! I love to serve these pork chops with some easy pan butter biscuits, slow cooker creamy mashed potatoes, and don’t forget the oven roasted green beans!
If you like fried pork chops then you NEED to make sure you also take a look at our fried pork chops recipe, it’s so good it melts in your mouth.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Chicken Fried Pork Chops Recipe:
- Bisquick mix
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Ritz crackers
- Dry/Instant potato flakes
- All-purpose flour
- Pork chops
- Vegetable or canola oil
How To Make Our Chicken Fried Pork Chops Recipe:
In a shallow bowl mix together the bisquick, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chili powder until it is well combined.
Then in a second shallow bowl mix the eggs and milk together until they are cohesive.
Now in a third bowl combine the crushed ritz cracker crumbs, potato flakes, and the all-purpose flour together until they too are well combined.
Then get out your pork and place it on a cutting board. Now take a fork and poke holes all over them on both sides to tenderize the pork.
Next, you will need to season the pork with salt and pepper on both sides.
Now take one pork chop and press it into the Bisquick mixture coating each side in the mixture, shaking off the excess flour.
Then dip the pork chop into the egg mixture next, and then immediately into the cracker mixture.
Do those 3 steps again with each pork chop.
Now pour your oil in a large and deep skillet and turn the heat on to medium heat and let the oil warm-up.
Once the oil is hot, add in the tablespoon of butter and let it melt.
After the butter melts, carefully place the pork chops into the hot oil (probably 3 at a time depending on how big your pan is).
Fry the pork chops until the center is no longer pink and then breading outside is nicely crisp and golden brown. It is generally about 2-3 minutes on one side and then 1-3 minutes on the other side.
Once the pork chop is done, place it on a plate lined with a paper towel and continue cooking the rest of the pork chops until they have all been cooked.
To Make Perfectly Coated Pork Chops You Will Need:
- Shallow bowls (3) (ones like THESE would work great!)
- Cutting board
- Large and deep skillet pan
- Paper towel
Do Fried Pork Chops Get Dipping Sauce?
You bet they do! And the best kind at that. One of the best things to serve this delicious chicken fried pork chop recipe with is white country gravy. I am telling you it is the best topping to lather on the pork chops, to dip in, the BEST.
You can make your own from scratch too, and it’s pretty simple to do. The Butcher’s Wife blog has a wonderful easy white country gravy you can try with this great fried pork chops recipe.
If not, a can of gravy will do just the trick too!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Enjoy Pork Chop and Want More Ways to Make it? Make Sure to Try These Delicious Recipes!
- Sheet Pan Italian Pork Chops Recipe
- Pork Chops and Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes Recipe
- Grilled Tuscan Pork Chops
- Fiesta Pork Chops and Rice Bake Recipe
- Apple Cider Pork Chops
Chicken Fried Pork Chops Recipe
- 1¼ cups bisquick pre-made baking mix (can also use all-purpose flour)
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black ground pepper
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 sleeves Ritz Crackers crushed
- ¾ cup dry potato flakes or instant potato flakes
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 thick pork chops (at least 3/4" thick)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups vegetable oil or canola oil for frying
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- In a shallow bowl or pie tin, mix together Bisquick, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- In a second shallow bowl or pie tin, mix together the eggs and milk until blended.
- In a third bowl, combine the crushed cracker crumbs, potato flakes, and all-purpose flour
- With a fork, poke the pork chops all over to tenderize the meat.
- Season each pork chop on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Gently press each pork chop into the Bisquick mixture to coat, then shake off the excess flour.
- Dip the pork chop into the egg mixture, then press each chop into the cracker mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the butter.
- Gently place the pork chops into the hot oil.
- Fry the pork chops until the meat is no longer pink in the center and the crust is crisp and golden brown (about 2-3 minutes on one side and then 1-3 minutes on the other side).
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and drain the excess oil on paper towels on a plate.
- Repeat the process with remaining pork chops.
- One of the best things to serve this delicious chicken fried pork chop recipe with is white country gravy.
- 3 shallow bowls
- Cutting Board
- large and deep skillet pan
- paper towel
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.