The Instant Pot is a great kitchen tool for making tender, flavorful meats. We take advantage of that with these Instant Pot Chili Beef Burritos.
We cook them in the sauce and then use the sauce to top the burritos “enchilada style.” It’s a great recipe to make for family and friends.
Pair it with a tasty guacamole, some chips and salsa, and you have a top notch Mexican dinner.
How to make Instant Pot Chili Beef Burritos:
In this recipe, we’ll start by making the meat in the Instant Pot. Then, we’ll top them with sauce and cheese before finishing them off under the broiler.
First, put the beef, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, bouillon cubes, onion, green chiles, chipotle pepper sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper into Instant Pot.
Lock the lid in place and turn the knob to sealing, not venting. Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and set for 25 minutes.
When the Instant Pot is done cooking, natural release and then carefully remove the lid. The beef will be very tender and flake when stirred.
Next, turn the oven on broil.
On an oven-proof plate or baking pan, lay out a tortilla. Place about 1/2 cup of the meat (drained by using a slotted spoon) on the tortilla. Add a spoonful or two of beans. Roll into a burrito.
Pour some of the remaining sauce from the Instant Pot over the burritos to cover them and top with cheese.
Broil until cheese is bubbly, about 2-4 minutes. Watch them carefully, to make sure they don’t overcook.
Burritos like these, that are served with sauce and cheese on top are “enchilada style” burritos. And boy are they tasty!
But if you would rather eat your burrito with your hands instead of a fork, or it you are afraid of the mess, you can also add the sauce and cheese inside the burrito. Just beware! The sauce has a tendency to find it’s way out!
How else can I use the Meat?
This meat is so delicious. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself asking, “How else can I use this?”
Here are a few ideas:
- Enchiladas: Instead of “enchilada style,” go all out! Lay your burritos next to each other in a casserole dish, top with sauce, cheese, and then broil.
- Tacos: If you have small tortillas or taco shells on hand, this meat makes a tasty taco.
- Nachos: Top a plate of chips with the meat, add cheese, and don’t forget to top with salsa and sour cream.
- Salad: If you need a lower calorie option, top your bed of lettuce with this chili beef meat and your favorite toppings.
Don’t have an Instant Pot?
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, get one! Then you can try this recipe, along with lots of our other Instant Pot recipes.
But if you don’t have one and you’d still like to give this recipe a try, you can make these in your slow cooker. Find the recipe here.
How to make these a freezer meal:
Place stew meat, enchilada sauce, beef bouillon cubes, onion, diced green chilies, chipotle pepper sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup beef broth, chicken broth, or water in with the frozen food.
Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 60 minutes (or 30 minutes per pound of your meat). Do a NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done – I even like to let it sit in the Instant Pot for a few hours so that it falls apart so easily. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
Looking for more freezer meals just like this? Click here for our top 100 Instant Pot Freezer Meals!
If you liked these Instant Pot Chili Beef Burritos, You may also like:
- Fully Loaded Guacamole
- Slow Cooker Chilie Colorado Beef Burritos
- Three Bean Enchiladas
- Cornbread Taco Bake
- Fiesta Ranch Chicken Burritos
- 7 Layer Dip Burritos
- Crispy Bean and Cheese Burritos
- Instant Pot Chile Colorado Beef Burritos
Instant Pot Chili Beef Burritos Recipe
- 2 pounds stew meat cubed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 19 ounces enchilada sauce 1 can
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 onion diced
- 4 ounces diced green chilies 1 can
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces refried beans 1 can
- 8 flour tortillas burrito size
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Put beef, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, bouillon cubes, onion, green chiles, chipotle pepper sauce, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper into Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid in place and turn the knob to sealing, not venting. Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and set for 25 minutes.
- When it is done cooking, natural release and then carefully remove the lid. The beef will be very tender and flake when stirred.
- Turn oven on broil.
- On an oven-proof plate or baking pan, lay out a tortilla. Place about 1/2 cup of the meat (drained by using a slotted spoon) on the tortilla. Add a spoonful or two of beans. Roll into a burrito.
- Pour some of the remaining sauce from the Instant Pot over the burritos to cover them and top with cheese.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly, about 2-4 minutes.
- Makes 6-8 burritos, depending on how full you make them.
- Instant Pot
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Slotted Spoon
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!