I got an Instant Pot last week and have been cooking with it ever since! One of my favorite slow cooker recipes is with a Roast so I thought my first recipe needed to be Mama’s Pot Roast!
If you have never heard of a Instant Pot – they truly are wonderful! I was a little nervous to try it out because I DO NOT like new things. But my husband surprised me for my birthday so I thought I would try it out. Well, I honestly can say I LOVE IT! Instead of cooking my roast for 8 to 10 hours in the slow cooker, It cooked for 60 minutes and was just as tender!
I also threw in some carrots and potatoes so I could have a side dish done all at one time!
Related Recipe: Try our Slow Cooker Sunday Dinner Pot Roast!
INSTANT POT MAMA'S POT ROAST RECIPE
- 3-4 lb Boneless beef chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped into large pieces
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 lb yellow potatoes cut small
- 1 lb carrots chopped into large chunks
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- SEASON ROAST WITH SALT AND PEPPER. SELECT SAUTE AND ADD OIL TO THE COOKING POT. WHEN HOT, BROWN ROAST ON ALL SIDES, 8 TO 10 MINUTES. PLACE INTO THE COOKING POT.
- ADD THE CHOPPED ONIONS, CARROTS AND POTATOES TO THE POT. SPRINKLE ON THE LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX AND POUR ON THE BEEF BROTH.
- SELECT HIGH PRESSURE AND SET THE TIMER FOR 80 MINUTES. WHEN BEEP SOUNDS, TURN OFF PRESSURE COOKER AND ALLOW PRESSURE TO RELEASE NATURALLY FOR 15 MINUTES. AFTER 15 MINUTES, USE A QUICK PRESSURE RELEASE TO RELEASE ANY REMAINING PRESSURE.
- CAREFULLY REMOVE LID. TRANSFER POTATOES CARROTS AND BEEF TO SERVING DISHES.
- IF YOU WANT GRAVY, MIX CORNSTARCH AND WATER (3T CORNSTARCH WITH 3T WATER) AND MIX IN THE JUICES IN THE POT. COOK WHILE STIRRING ON SAUTE UNTIL THICKENED.
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
More Instant Pot Recipes Coming Soon!