For a delicious and easy Instant Pot recipe, give our Instant Pot easy mac and cheese recipe a try! It is filled with all the creamy cheese and noodles you could want.
This Instant Pot easy mac and cheese recipe will easily become a staple in your house! My kids will never turn down delicious mac and cheese and with this simple mac and cheese recipe you will like it too (maybe even more than your kids).
Sometimes I even make this recipe with some crispy chicken and serve it all together! It truly is the best Instant Pot mac and cheese recipe, I’ve had and I love that it is so simple, yet tastes amazing.
I also volunteer to bring this to the get togethers because it is so simple but I always get compliments on it too! It is perfect to make for any holiday and even for a game day food as well.
If you’re in need for even more mac and cheese recipes, we have plenty to choose from! It might even be fun to have a mac and cheese cook off to see which you like the best. A few more of our favorites that you might not have tried before are our Bacon Mac and Cheese (I mean who doesn’t love bacon), Mexican Mac and Cheese, and our Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Instant Pot Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe:
- Elbow macaroni pasta
- Chicken broth
- Canned evaporated milk
- Unsalted butter
- Shredded cheese
How To Make Our Instant Pot Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe:
Once you are ready to get started making the best mac and cheese you’ll ever have, start by putting the macaroni noodles, chicken broth (or water if you don’t have broth), and salt to the inner pot of the Instant pot.
Then place the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure that the valve on top is turned to the SEALING position.
Now, press the PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL button and set the cooking timer to 4 minutes.
After the time is up, do a quick release of the pressure by turning the valve to the VENTING position and let all the pressure come out of the pot.
When the pin drops down, carefully remove the lid from the Instant Pot and add in the iunsalted butter, evaporated milk, and stir it together.
If the mixture seems to be a little too thick, add about ¼ cup of water in and stir it together.
Then, simply add in the shredded cheese, mixing it all together until the cheese is completely melted and smooth.
Next, just season the mac and cheese with any salt and pepper to your liking, and then serve it warm!
To Make This Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS one will work great for this recipe)
- Liquid measuring cup
- Wooden spoon
What Are the Best Cheeses to Use In Mac and Cheese?
I tend to keep it pretty simple for this recipe and use sharp cheddar cheese, but that is not the only kind you can use.
Delish has a great list of the best cheese for mac and cheese to get even more ideas on how to change this recipe up easily!
I will say, I find it best when I shred the cheese myself because then the cheese melts together better.
How Do You Keep Mac and Cheese Creamy?
One thing that is great about this recipe is that since it is not simply made with cheese, broth, and butter it will keep its creaminess. The evaporated milk does a great job of adding that little extra touch without overpowering the dish.
Also, if you feel like it has started to dry out, add a little bit more of the evaporated milk into the mac and cheese before you reheat it.
Other Noodles to Use
I’ll be honest, I have definitely made mac and cheese without the elbow noodles. If I don’t have any I’ll generally use what I have on hand. Or sometimes I even mix some of the pasta up.
I have found that my kids like this with penne and bowtie pasta noodles as well! I find it fun to mix it up sometimes too.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
More Recipes to Serve for Get-Togethers:
- Grandma’s Holiday Cheese Ball Recipe
- Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots with Cheese Recipe
- Ranch Pasta Salad (Easy Side Dish) Recipe
- Sweet Polynesian Meatballs Recipe
- Easy Boston Baked Beans Recipe
- Baked Mac and Cheese
Change Up Pasta Night with New and Delicious Recipes:
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Pasta Casserole with Corn and Zucchini Recipe
- Cheesy Pizza Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Creamy Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheesy Penne Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta (Freezer Meal) Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Instant Pot Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces canned evaporated milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese *(I used sharp)
- Add macaroni, chicken broth, and salt to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on, turn the valve to sealing (not venting), and press the PRESSURE COOK button. Set timer to cook for 4 minutes.
- When timer is complete, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Remove the lid, stir in the butter and evaporated milk. If it seems too thick, you can also add in 1/4 cup water.
- Add in the shredded cheddar cheese while constantly stirring. Stir until the cheese is completely melted and smooth.
- Serve hot, topped with extra salt and pepper if needed.
- I’ll be honest, I have definitely made mac and cheese without the elbow noodles. If I don’t have any I’ll generally use what I have on hand. Or sometimes I even mix some of the pasta up.
- I have found that my kids like this with penne and bowtie pasta noodles as well! I find it fun to mix it up sometimes too.
- Instant Pot
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spoon
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.