I love casseroles, and my husband loves buffalo chicken. I decided to create a dinner I know we would both love.
I went off one of our other favorite dishes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, and I ended up loving this one even more.
It was so creamy and paired perfectly with white rice. We ate ours with vegetables and ranch, and it is now in our weekly meal rotation. You will love this Buffalo Chicken Casserole.
tips to make a perfect creamy buffalo chicken casserole:
- Step 1: Shred your chicken using a blender or electric hand mixer. I usually use my blender, because it is out on my counter, but either one works great and saves time.
- I also like that it is shredded small, because more flavor can surround the chicken, and really make it more flavorful, and less dry.
- Step 2: We recommend spraying your pan with non stick cooking spray, before adding the chicken mixture. It’s a pretty thick mixture once it is all in there, and it will be easier to get out, if it is sprayed a little before hand.
- Step 3: You can add as much or as little cheese as you would like to this recipe. I even like to add a little bit to the mixture, to make the casserole more cheesy throughout. Our family is big cheese lovers.
- Step 4: Broiling your cheese adds the perfect crunch to the recipe. You of course don’t have to do this step, but I like a little change in texture for my food.
- Step 5: Enjoy the dish! We serve ours over white rice, but you could also eat it plain, in a tortilla, or over brown rice. We also like to eat ours with vegetables and ranch.
Related Article: If you like this recipe, you’ll love our Chicken and Broccoli Casserole!
how could i add more spice to this recipe?
I tried my best to keep this recipe tame, because I have a pretty weak mouth. I don’t do spice very well, but my husband loves it.
This recipe isn’t super spicy, because the creamy ingredients cool it down, and I got the mild buffalo sauce.
If you are looking to add more spice to this recipe, here is what I recommend:
- Add chopped and fresh jalapeños to the top, as garnish.
- Add red pepper flakes to the mixture, before baking.
- Add a little cayenne pepper to the mixture, before baking.
- Bake with jalapeños or any other favorite hot pepper, in the mixture.
- Use pepper jack cheese instead of mozzarella.
- Pour more buffalo sauce on top after baking.
watch how to make all of our favorite recipes!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more buffalo chicken recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Buffalo Chicken Bake
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- Buffalo Chicken Tostadas
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup cream of chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 5 cups cooked white rice
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, buffalo sauce, plain Greek yogurt, ranch dressing, cream of chicken soup, garlic salt, and paprika, and mix until well combined.
- Spray a 9x9 or 13x9 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread the mixture out, in the greased pan.
- Sprinkle on the Italian bread crumbs, and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Then turn the oven off, and the broiler on high and broil for 2 minutes until the cheese is golden and gets a little crunchy on top.
- Remove from oven and serve over white rice, and garnish with a pinch of black pepper
- Large Bowl
- 9x9 or 9x13 Pan
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!