For a delicious and easy dinner recipe try our Instant Pot Chicken French Dip Sandwiches Recipe. It is a simple chicken breast recipe that everyone will love.
Instant Pot Chicken French Dip Sandwiches Recipe is a great way to make French Dip. With this Six Sister Instant Pot french dip sandwich recipe, you can serve a crowd without doing anything crazy or complicated.
It is the best easy dinner recipe that is filled with flavor and works great as leftovers. That is if you have any leftovers to store.
You’ll want to try this recipe, especially if you are looking for a new chicken breast recipe. Sometimes it is easy to get into a recipe rut and this tasty recipe will help break you free!
You can serve this simple Instant Pot recipe with our Green Beans with Candied Pecans Recipe, Roasted Parmesan Sweet Potatoes Recipe, or an easy Oven-Roasted Broccoli Steaks Recipe.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Instant Pot Chicken French Dip Sandwiches Recipe:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Refrigerated pizza crust
- Baking soda
- Egg, slightly beaten
- Coarse kosher salt
- Queso dip
How To Make Our Instant Pot Chicken French Dip Sandwiches Recipe:
Start by getting out your Instant Pot and pressing the SAUTE button and put the butter inside.
When the butter begins to melt, add the onion slices into the inner pot along with salt and pepper.
Cook that all together until the onions become soft and tender.
Then pour in ½ cup of chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the Instant Pot, scraping off any of the bits of food that have cooked onto the bottom of the pan.
Once that is done, add in the chicken breasts into the Instant Pot and top it with minced garlic, paprika, and dried thyme.
Then in a mixing bowl, combine the flour and Worcestershire sauce.
When that is mixed together, pour the remaining 1 ½ cups of chicken broth to the flour mixture and whisk it all together.
Now, carefully pour the flour mixture into the Instant Pot on the sides of the chicken (but not directly on the chicken or the seasonings will wash off).
Press the PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 20 minutes, making sure the valve is turned to the SEALING setting.
When the timer is done, allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release of the pressure for 5 minutes.
Then turn the valve to the VENTING position to release any remaining pressure in the pot.
Carefully remove the chicken from the Instant pot and use two forks to shred the chicken.
After the chicken is shredded, add it back into the Instant Pot and mix it together with the juice.
When you are ready to serve dinner, place a scoop of the seasoned chicken mixture over a hoagie roll or bun and then top it with provolone cheese, and sprinkle it with fresh parsley if you’d like.
You can also place the sandwiches in the broiler for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese even more, but be careful not to over cook the bread because then it will become very crunchy.
Then simply serve and enjoy!
To Make French Dip Sandwiches You Will Need:
- Instant Pot
- Medium mixing bowl
- Serving spoon (THIS will work great!)
What to Serve with French Dip Sandwiches?
This recipe is very versatile. You can dress it up or down, and by that I mean, you can serve it with more complex sides to make it into a more fancy dinner, or keep it simple!
Types of Bread to Use for French Dip Sandwiches
When we make this recipe we tend to keep it simple and use hoagie rolls or buns because they hold up great and taste delicious!
But, you can use other breads as well. Salvaggios Deli has a great article that tells you the best bread to use for french dip sandwiches that you can check out too.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
More Ways to Make French Dip Recipes:
- French Dip Crescents Recipe
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- French Dip Sliders Recipe
- Slow Cooker Easy French Dip Sandwiches
New and Completely Delicious Ways to Make Chicken in the Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Penne Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie and Biscuits Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- 2½ Tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth divided
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 6 hoagie buns (or whatever bread you choose – a French bread loaf cut into equal pieces is also delicious)
- fresh parsley roughly chopped, (optional topping)
- Press SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and add in the butter. When the butter starts to melt, add the onion slices and salt and pepper and cook until the onions become very soft and tender.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of chicken broth and "deglaze" the bottom of the Instant Pot, scraping up any bits that may have been cooked on.
- Add chicken breasts into the Instant Pot. Top with minced garlic, paprika, and thyme.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and Worcestershire sauce. Pour in remaining 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth with the flour mixture and whisk together. Carefully pour into the Instant Pot (try not to pour it directly on the chicken or it will wash the seasonings off).
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and set timer for 20 minutes. When timer is done, let the food do a natural release for 5 minutes, then move the valve to venting to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and shred using 2 forks. Return shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot.
- To serve, place a scoop of chicken mixture on a hoagie roll or bun. Top with provolone cheese and sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired. You can also place toast these sandwiches under the broiler to melt the cheese and toast the bread (they will be ready in 1-2 minutes under the broiler, so watch carefully!).
- When we make this recipe we tend to keep it simple and use hoagie rolls or buns because they hold up great and taste delicious!
- Instant Pot
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Serving Spoon
Be sure not to miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.