Our Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches are a family favorite!
Many times I forget to throw my food in the slow cooker in the morning. That is one of the main reasons I use my Instant Pot so much more!
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Check out our Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches.
With two ways to cook this recipe, I feel like we can enjoy it year round. I love it because either method keeps my house cool in the summer but it’s warm comfort food in the colder months.
This recipe requires 2 main ingredients and the meat cooks right in the au jus which is amazing for dipping!
Can You Double the Recipe?
Yes! If you are cooking it in the Instant Pot you can double the ingredients and the cooking time will stay the same.
You will want to double your liquid if you double the meat, just so there is enough liquid in there to have for dipping.
Related Article: Making sandwiches in the Instant Pot has become a quick favorite! Make sure you don’t miss our Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches!
Watch how to make Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches:
Love your Instant Pot? Well you are in luck. Today on our Youtube Channel, we are showing you how to make these delicious French Dip Sandwiches.
How to make these French Dip Sandwiches a freezer meal:
Place roast and beef consomme into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 60 days.
When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add 1/2 cup water in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top, move the valve to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button. Set timer for 90-100 minutes (or about 30-35 minutes per pound of your roast). Do a NATURAL RELEASE when the timer is done – I even like to let it sit in the Instant Pot for a few hours so that it falls apart so easily. Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
What to serve with French Dip Sandwiches:
Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 pounds beef roast (either beef or pork- we use whatever is on sale that week!)
- 29 ounces beef consomme 2 (14.5 oz cans) (I can always find this mixed in with the soups)
- 8 buns (we love hoagie buns, but any kind will work)
- Place roast in greased the Instant Pot. Pour consommé over the top of the roast.
- Put the lid on and turn the knob to sealing.
- Push the manual or pressure cook button and set the timer for 60 minutes.
- When it is done cooking, let it do a natural release for about 15-20 minutes. This will make your meat tender. Then turn the valve to venting to let any remaining pressure release.
- Remove roast and save extra juice for dipping! With 2 forks, shred roast (when it is done, it should pull apart easily . . . almost fall apart).
- Serve meat on buns and use extra juice to dip sandwiches in.
- Instant Pot
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order