Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favorite foods, but it usually takes so long to make. Not anymore! Using your Instant Pot to make this recipe cuts down your time drastically!
I would never want to trick you into wanting to try a recipe. Never ever. Not even the most creamy, luscious, medium-spicy, must-have-it chicken tikka masala.
Are you convinced? Let me help you just a little bit more.
How do you make Chicken Tikka Masala?
The BEST part about this recipe is that you may already have these ingredients in your kitchen. If not, they are so easy to find in any grocery store, you won’t need to go searching high and low to find them!
There is one ingredient in this recipe that you usually don’t have sitting around. (If you do, that’s awesome.) It is garam masala.
Garam masala is a spice blend widely used in Indian cuisine, from curries and lentil dishes to soups. Whole spices of cinnamon, mace, peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and cardamon pods are toasted in a pan to release their aromatic flavors, then ground to a powder.
You can find it on the spice aisle at the grocery store. It greatly enhances the flavor of your food.
Using chicken thighs or breasts in Chicken Tikka Masala:
We are still coating and marinating our chicken with an aromatic spiced Tikka yogurt, using chicken breasts instead of thighs for a delicious outcome. I would suggest marinating even longer than an hour if you have the time.
If you use thighs, you can cut down your marinading time by 1/2 because it will soak in all the flavors faster. But the texture will be a little different. The choice is up to you!
Why these spices in chicken Tikka Masala?
The combination of spices going into this creamy, tomato based sauce is so perfect it makes your Tikka Masala explode with flavor.
- Garam Masala
What to serve with Chicken Tikka Masala:
The BEST side is fresh white rice and Naan bread.
Here is our recipe for Homemade Naan Bread <—- CLICK HERE
If you don’t want to make your own naan bread, You can find it in almost all your local grocery stores. My favorite place to purchase it is Costco, so I can buy it in bulk and freeze some for another day.
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER FAVORITE INSTANT POT RECIPES:
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Here are some easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot 7 Can Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs with Lemon Pepper Glaze
- Instant Pot Sweet Baby Ray’s Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- 7 ounces plain Greek Yogurt fat free
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 15 ounces tomato sauce or puree
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream add last
- 2 cups white rice cookied
- 2 naan bread
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Marinate the chicken first by combining the yogurt, Garam Masala, lemon juice, pepper, and ginger in a Ziploc gallon size freezer bag. Add chicken chunks and coat with the marinade. Zip it up and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Select the SAUTE mode on the Instant Pot. When it is hot, add the marinaded chicken to the pot. Saute until the chicken is cooked on all sides, stirring occasionally. Turn off the SAUTE mode.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients except the cream to the pressure cooker and stir. Secure and seal the lid. Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK and set the timer to cook for 10 minutes. Turn the knob to VENTING when done to release the pressure.
- Push SAUTE on the Instant Pot. When it gets hot, add cream to the pot, stirring with the other ingredients. Simmer until the sauce is thickened to your liking, a few minutes.
- Serve with white rice or naan. Garnish with cilantro.
- Instant Pot
HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
We have a YouTube channel where we show you how to how to make a recipe from start to finish in our kitchen. Our recipes are even picky eater approved!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
MEAL PLANNING MADE EASY
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. Each recipe is tried and true, so we are confident you will love it.
Some of our best memories were made at the dinner table and that is something we wanted to help other families have time for.
Our simple weekly dinner meal plans take all the stress and guesswork out of
“What’s for dinner?” and turn it into a tradition of spending time with family.
Adjust your serving size to fit the needs of your family, and customize your plan with our library of 3000+ recipes. It’s time to start enjoying dinnertime!
Check out the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans on Prepear today!