Our oven-roasted broccoli steaks are a great way to change up the way you can make broccoli! It is an easy vegetable side dish or can be transformed into be the main dish.
Have you ever tried any broccoli steak recipes before? It is a great way to use the whole head of broccoli, not to mention that it cuts down on the time it takes to prepare broccoli.
You might be wondering how to cut broccoli steaks and that is okay! Gone are the ways of chopping the broccoli into little florets, and you will essentially make the broccoli into sheets of broccoli or how you would expect to cut a steak (aka how it got it’s name).
Broccoli is one of our family’s favorite vegetables to make and can be found in some of our favorite meals. You need to try our broccoli and cheese orzo, Instant Pot cheesy broccoli chicken and rice, and of course our chicken and broccoli stuffing casserole!
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Oven-Roasted Broccoli Steaks Recipe:
- Broccoli heads
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- MInced garlic
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make Our Oven-Roasted Broccoli Steaks Recipe:
When you are ready to make your dish, begin by preheating the oven 425 degrees fahrenheit.
Then wash and dry the broccoli and then slice the broccoli into 4 thick “steaks”. Start by cutting the broccoli in half from the stem up, and then do the same again with each half.
Once the broccoli is cut, place the broccoli slices on a large baking sheet (you can line the baking sheet with foil if you want easy clean up afterwards).
Now, in a small mixing bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice, and minced garlic and mix it all together.
Then, use a pastry brush and brush the broccoli steaks with the olive oil mixture until they are well covered to get the best flavor and texture.
When the olive oil mixture has been brushed on, sprinkle on the salt and pepper to your tastes.
Next, place the sheet of broccoli in the oven and let them cook for about 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes remove the pan from the oven and flip the broccoli and place the ban back in the oven and let them cook for another 10 minutes or so until the broccoli starts to slightly brown.
When the broccoli is roasted to your liking, remove the broccoli and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and then serve it hot!
To Make This Tender Broccoli Steak Recipe You Will Need:
- Large baking sheet (THESE work great!)
- Aluminum foil
- Cutting board
- Pastry brush
- Small mixing bowl
What is nice about this recipe is that it can become a meal if you want, or keep it as a side dish. This will serve 8 people as a side dish or 4 people as a main dish.
How Long Should You Bake Broccoli For?
For this recipe we like to bake the broccoli for about 25-30 minutes total with flipping about half the way through. You will know they are done when you see the tips to begin to brown slightly.
What are Broccoli Steaks?
Broccoli steaks are just broccoli cut in a different type of way that mimics a “steak”. It’s a great side dish or even main dish for a meatless meal. It also makes preparing the broccoli so much quicker.
How to Cut Broccoli Steaks?
When your first read the recipe and see the word steaks it might throw you off a bit, but is is referring how the broccoli is cut. If you aren’t sure how to cut the broccoli into slices, you can take a look at this roasted broccoli steaks video to give you an idea of how to cut them!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Enjoy More Broccoli in these Delicious Family Dinner Meals:
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole Recipe
- Mom’s Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole (Chicken Divan) Recipe
- Instant Pot Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli over Rice Recipe
- Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli Skillet Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipe
Bump Up Your Vegetable Intake with These Tasty Vegetable Recipe:
- Broccoli Apple Salad Recipe
- Loaded Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Olive Garden Fresh Garden Salad Copycat Recipe
- Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- Best Italian Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- Ranch Pasta Salad (Easy Side Dish) Recipe
- Caprese Salad Recipe
- Green Beans with Candied Pecans Recipe
Oven-Roasted Broccoli Steaks Recipe
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice broccoli head into 4 thick "steaks" (start cutting at the stem and then work your way towards the florets). Try to cut the stalk into 4 equal parts.
- Place broccoli slices on a large baking sheet (I lined my baking sheet with aluminum foil before placing the broccoli on it for easy clean up).
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Using a pastry brush, brush the broccoli steaks with the olive oil mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.
- Roast broccoli in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, then flip broccoli over and roast for about 10 more minutes or until broccoli reaches desired doneness (I prefer the edges of the broccoli to brown – those are the best bites!).
- Remove broccoli from oven and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy! Best served hot.
- This will serve 8 people as a side dish or 4 people as a main dish.
- Large Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- Cutting Board
- Pastry Brush
- Small Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.