Quick, Easy Sliders Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and easy sliders recipe, these Grilled Cheese Sliders are exactly what you need!
These easy sliders only take a few minute to make and 20 minutes to cook, which means you can get them on the table in 30 minutes or less from start to finish.
Easy Sliders with Hawaiian Rolls
The reason these Grilled Cheese Sliders are so delicious and so simple to make is because we use King’s Hawaiian Rolls.
My family loves these rolls because they are soft, fluffy, sweet and so tasty. They are the perfect rolls to use for any slider recipe!
What is the best cheese for a grilled cheese sandwich?
Depending on your taste preference, there are a variety of cheeses that can make excellent grilled cheese sandwiches. The most popular types of cheese used to make grilled cheese sandwiches are:
- Colby – this cheese might look identical to some cheddar cheese out there, but many argue it is the absolute best cheese to use for a grilled cheese sandwich. It is often combined with Monterrey Jack and Swiss cheeses on grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Provolone – this cheese can give an Italian twist on your grilled cheese sandwich and goes especially well with pesto.
- Cheddar – when you think of a grilled cheese sandwich, you are most likely thinking of cheddar cheese. This delicious cheese can range from mild to sharp in flavor so you can get the exact taste you are looking for.
- Muenster – this soft cheese is perfect for spreading on a grilled sandwich.
- Monterrey Jack – this flavorful cheese melts well for the gooey grilled cheese sandwich of your dreams.
How to make grilled cheese sliders:
Sliders are so easy to make and these Grilled Cheese Sliders are no exception. To make these Grilled Cheese Sliders, begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Take out your package of King’s Hawaiian Rolls, and without pulling them apart, cut them in half and lay them on a clean work surface.
Spread 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise on the inside of each half of the rolls. Place the bottom half of rolls in the the prepared baking dish.
Top with sliced cheddar cheese and sliced provolone cheese.
Place top half of rolls on top of the cheese layer and brush on melted butter.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and rolls are golden brown.
Cut rolls apart and serve.
What to serve with Grilled Cheese:
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Ground Beef and Macaroni Tomato Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Tomato Soup
How many sliders are a serving?
Two of these Grilled Cheese Sliders are one serving, which means this recipe serves 6 people.
Grilled Cheese with Mayo:
Not everyone loves mayonnaise on their grilled cheese sandwich, but using mayo results in a more flavorful, moist sandwich.
Some people even prefer spreading a thin layer of mayonnaise on the outside of their grilled cheese before cooking it for a crispy texture and rich golden color.
People also like using mayonnaise on the outside of their grilled cheese rather than butter because it has a higher smoke point, which means it will be less likely to burn when cooking.
If mayo isn’t your thing, you could always use butter or mayonnaise substitutes but the flavor and texture may differ slightly.
Tips for making the best grilled cheese sandwich:
Making an amazing grilled cheese sandwich doesn’t sound too difficult, but be sure to follow these tips to make the best grilled cheese sandwich ever.
- Use fat to coat the bread. Just like these Grilled Cheese Sliders use mayonnaise to coat the rolls, be sure to have some sort of butter or mayo so your sandwich doesn’t come out dry.
- Don’t add too much cheese. You might think there is no such thing as too much cheese, but you don’t want cheese oozing out every side of your grilled cheese sandwich when you go to eat it.
- Don’t slice the cheese too thick. If your cheese is cut too thick it will have a hard time melting all the way through resulting in burnt bread. Shredded cheese melts easier and is perfect for grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Don’t use cheese that won’t melt well. Using any of the cheeses mentioned above will result in the melty, gooey, cheesy goodness you are looking for. Avoid using hard, aged cheeses like Parmesan or crumbly cheese like feta or goat cheese.
- Keep the heat low. By cooking your grilled cheese sandwich over low heat, you will get a perfectly crisp outside that won’t be burned and a cheesy inside. If your heat is too high it will result in a burned outside and cheese that never melted on the inside. Nobody wants that!
WEEKLY MENU PLANS
Looking to eat healthier? Stressed trying to figure out what’s for dinner? Sign-up to receive a weekly menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1+ SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
The best sliders recipes:
- Baked Cheeseburger Sliders
- Philly Cheese and Steak Sliders
- Ham and Cheese Tailgate Sliders
- Hawaiian Hamburger Sliders
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
If you are still looking for more slider recipes, try some of these recipes HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Our Pizza Toast is so easy that even your kids can make it! Watch our kids whip up this Easy Pizza Toast in the video below: