My sisters and I looooove Disneyland. It is pretty much an obsession. As we’ve gotten older, we love Disney even more because we can appreciate all of the amazing food in the parks.
One of our favorite foods in Disneyland is the Monte Cristo Sandwich (you can find our copycat recipe for it here), but I thought I could make a lighter version that is almost as delicious as the original.
These are so simple to throw together and make a wonderful dinner. However, I wouldn’t mind eating these for breakfast either. Put a little raspberry jam with them, and my tastebuds will be singing.
If you have never tried a Monte Cristo from Disneyland, you need to stop what you are doing, and make these. They are absolutely delicious.
could i use the egg on top, and not in the sauce:
I have only made this recipe using the egg in the sauce. When baked, it gives it a glazed texture. If yours is soggy, you may be basting it with too much egg.
You could baste the top of the sliders with egg, but we prefer to put it in the sauce, to allow the inside texture, to get that crisp texture.
what rolls work best for this recipe?
We are not paid to say this, but I think all the sisters can agree that Kings Hawaiian Rolls work best for this recipe. They are sweet, buttery, and come baked together, which is perfect for a good slider recipe.
If you have never tried their rolls, we highly recommend them. We even have them plain for Sunday dinners, because they are better than homemade rolls to me. They are so flaky and delicious. They work great for this recipe.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
- French Dip Crescents
- Beef Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Roll-Ups
- Ham and Pineapple Roll-Ups
- Stuffed Pizza Rolls
Monte Cristo Slider Sandwiches Recipe
- 12 sweet dinner rolls
- ½ cup raspberry preserves
- ½ lb deli turkey sliced
- ½ lb deli ham sliced
- 6 slices Swiss cheese slices halved
- ½ cup butter melted and divided
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ Tablespoon powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice rolls horizontally (keeping them connected) and place in the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Spread raspberry preserves on top of the bottom half of the rolls.
- Layer with turkey, ham and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup melted butter, egg, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard and mayonnaise. Spread mixture on the inside of the top half of the rolls and place on top of the sliders in the pan.
- Brush remaining 1/4 cup melted butter on top of rolls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the rolls are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, garnish with powdered sugar, cut into individual sandwiches and serve.
- 9x13" Baking Dish
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Supplies needed for this recipe: