Baked cheeseburger sliders is an easy family dinner recipe that even the kids will love! My kids always love anything on Hawaiian rolls and this recipe is no exception!
These baked cheeseburgers can be either for dinner or a fun appetizer for your next party or potluck! Plus you can make this all at once by learning how to cook sliders in the oven. You don’t have to build each individual burger.
I make this as a ground beef recipe, but you can also change that to ground turkey or ground chicken if that better suits your diet, however it will change the taste slightly.
To round out this delicious slider entre, try serving our Instant Pot Green Beans, Berry Cheesecake Fruit Salad, and you cannot forget to make our amazing Baked Seasoned Steak Fries Recipe, it’s so tasty!
Ingredients Needed For This Baked Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe:
- Ground beef
- Diced onion
- Barbecue sauce
- Seasoned salt
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Hawaiian rolls
- Dill pickle slices
- Tomato slices
How To Make This Baked Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
Then in a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, diced onion, barbecue sauce, bread crumbs, seasoned salt, and pepper to taste.
When that is all mixed together, press the beef mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish to make one large patty. Try and get the meat as even as possible to ensure even cooking of the meat.
Then use the tines (pokey part) of a fork to poke holes through the meat to allow a little airflow.
Now place the 9×13 inch dish in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes or until the hamburger meat is cooked through.
After the hamburger is fully cooked you will notice that the meat will shrink away from the side of the pan and the fat from the meat will accumulate around the edges of the pan, and this is normal!
Carefully remove the pan from the oven and gently drain the liquid from the pan.
Then, place the slices of cheese in a single layer over top of the hamburger and put the pan back in the oven and allow the cheese to melt for 2-3 minutes.
After the cheese has begun to melt, pull the pan from the oven and let it rest for a couple minutes.
Then, begin cutting the meat into 2 inch squares (or the size of the bun you are using), making 12 mini hamburgers.
Now just place the burgers on the mini Hawaiian buns and top it with your favorite burger toppings.
To Make This Baked Cheeseburger Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl (THESE work great!)
- 9×13 inch pan
Make the Best Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
Have you ever tried making your own Hawaiian rolls? The flavor is out of this work for homemade Hawaiian rolls and would work great for this baked cheeseburger recipe!
If you want to try and make your own rolls, take a look at Baked by an Introvert’s Best Hawaiian Sweet Rolls recipe and use them for this family dinner recipe.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
These Slider Recipes are Delicious Dinner Recipes For the Family!
- Grilled Cheese Sliders Recipe
- Big Mac Sliders Recipe
- Instant Pot Three Envelope Pot Roast Sliders
- French Dip Sliders Recipe
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Classic Burger Recipe
Baked Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- pepper to taste
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 rolls small Hawaiian rolls
- 1 cup dill pickle slices optional topping
- ⅓ cup ketchup optional topping
- 3 teaspoons mustard optional topping
- 2 tomatoes sliced – optional topping
- 1 cup lettuce shredded – optional topping
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine beef, onion, bbq sauce, bread crumbs, seasoned salt and pepper. Gently press mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish so that it makes one large patty of even thickness. Use the tines of a fork to poke holes throughout the meat.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When the hamburger is fully cooked, the meat will shrink away from the sides and liquid will accumulate around the edges of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and carefully drain of the liquid from the pan.
- Place slices of cheese in a single layer on top of the meat and return pan to oven for about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes. cut the meat into 2 inch squares (or the size of the buns used), making 12 mini hamburgers.
- Serve with dill pickles, ketchup, mustard, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Homemade Hawaiian rolls and would work great for this baked cheeseburger recipe!
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
Recipe adapted from Better Recipes
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews