Everything is cuter in “mini” form and these sliders are no exception! Making these little burgers couldn’t be easier – you bake them in a pan and the cut the patties to be the exact size of your bun! These little sandwiches are also the perfect size for children?s hands and could easily be a main dish for dinner.
Related recipe: you’ll love this easy SLOW COOKER ROOT BEER PULLED PORK SANDWICH. A great meal to feed a crowd.
Baked Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- pepper to taste
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 rolls small Hawaiian rolls
- 1 cup dill pickle slices optional topping
- ⅓ cup ketchup optional topping
- 3 teaspoons mustard optional topping
- 2 tomatoes sliced - optional topping
- 1 cup lettuce shredded - optional topping
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine beef, onion, bbq sauce, bread crumbs, seasoned salt and pepper. Gently press mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish so that it makes one large patty of even thickness. Use the tines of a fork to poke holes throughout the meat.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When the hamburger is fully cooked, the meat will shrink away from the sides and liquid will accumulate around the edges of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and carefully drain of the liquid from the pan.
- Place slices of cheese in a single layer on top of the meat and return pan to oven for about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes. cut the meat into 2 inch squares (or the size of the buns used), making 12 mini hamburgers.
- Serve with dill pickles, ketchup, mustard, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
Recipe adapted from Better Recipes