We love spaghetti at our house. Let’s be honest, it’s one of those recipes that you normally make when you don’t quite feel like making anything.
We call this our chicken spaghetti from the Pioneer Woman because it was inspired by her! It’s a nice change to the normal spaghetti recipe you would serve for dinner. I say it even takes it up another level with adding in the veggies!
My kids even love this pasta so much that they ask for seconds. Sometimes I am lucky to have leftovers to make for lunch the next day.
Since casseroles are such great meals for families to enjoy, take a look at some of the other great ones we have for you! Like our CREAMY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE, BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE RECIPE, and our EASY BISCUIT CHICKEN POT PIE recipe.
Budget Friendly dinner ingredients
Cheesy chicken spaghetti recipe ingredients:
- Cooked chicken (like a rotisserie would work!)
- Spaghetti noodles
- 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Green pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Chicken broth
Optional additions: spinach and sauteed mushrooms
For the cooked chicken you can either cook up some chicken breasts, buy a rotisserie chicken already cooked from the store, or make your own rotisserie chicken! If you are feeling ambitious take a look at this homemade oven rotisserie chicken recipe from A Mind “Full” Mom!
Everything else for this family dinner recipe:
- Large pot
- Spaghetti server (like THIS one)
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 9×13 glass pan (THIS one is great and it has handles to make it easier to grab from the oven!)
- Nonstick cooking spray
Keep reading to find out how to make our easy dinner recipe!
To begin this recipe, start by breaking the pasta into 2-3 inch pieces and making it according to the package directions and preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Once the noodles are done place the cooked noodles into a large mixing bowl.
Then, add in the rotisserie chicken and toss it together.
Next, pour in the cans of cream of chicken soup, diced onions, diced green peppers, diced can of tomatoes (drained), 2 cups of cheddar cheese, seasoned salt, and the cayenne pepper. Then mix everything together well.
After all of that is mixed together, slowly add in the chicken broth and stir it until it is well incorporated.
When that is all mixed together dump the noodles and chicken mixture into a greased 9×13 inch greased glass pan.
Then just top it off with the remaining cheddar cheese and pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble up.
TIPS WHEN MAKING EASY SPAGHETTI WITH CHICKEN
We’ve been making this Easy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole for a very long time. We’ve learned some tricks along the way that make this.
- Make sure to drain your canned tomatoes to avoid the casserole from getting too soupy.
- Leave out the cayenne pepper if you or your kids don’t like your foods spicy.
- This casserole will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. Cover with foil and keep in the pan, or transfer to an airtight container.
- To reheat this casserole, place it in a shallow oven proof dish (like this one) and bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Top with some fresh cheddar cheese once heated through.
Our new family-friendly cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
ADDITIONS FOR CHICKEN SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE
- Sautéed Mushrooms (pictured above)
- Green Chilis
- Red Peppers
Enjoy these other family friendly meals!
Easy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- 2 cups chicken diced
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles uncooked
- 2 10.5 ounce cans 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese divided
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- Break noodles into 2-3" pieces and cook according to package directions. Place cooked noodles into a large bowl.
- Add chicken and toss together. Add cream of chicken soup, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, 2 cups of cheese, seasoned salt, and cayenne pepper and mix.
- Now slowly add chicken broth and continue stirring.
- Dump your spaghetti mix into a 9x13" glass pan lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.