Warmer weather is just around the corner, and we love a good pasta side dish to go with chicken, steak, or any grilling recipe.
Creamy Parmesan Pasta is so easy and comes together in about 20 minutes. We used fresh Parmesan cheese that we grated ourselves. It made the pasta burst with delicious cheese flavor.
Then we added in whipping cream for an even creamier texture. You are sure to wow your family or guests with this pasta dish.
can you use bagged shredded Parmesan cheese in this pasta?
We like using the Parmesan cheese wedge found in the deli section of our grocery store. You can use the bagged shredded Parmesan cheese, but your end result may not be as creamy and smooth as the freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
The fresh wedge Parmesan cheese is a little more expensive than the pre bagged shredded Parmesan cheese. But for the end result of this pasta, it was so worth it. And we are only talking a dollar or two. So we recommend going for the real good cheese.
what is the best pasta for this recipe?
We love this recipe because it’s so easy and flexible that you can use any pasta that you may have on hand. We used Rigatoni pasta, but have used other pastas as well. Here are a few pastas that will also work:
- Spiral Pasta
- Rotini Pasta
- Penne Pasta
- Spaghetti Pasta
- Elbow Pasta
how to make Creamy Parmesan Pasta
Here are the main ingredients you will need to make Creamy Parmesan Pasta.
- Cook the pasta in a stock pot according to the package directions. We used Rigatoni pasta. While the pasta is cooking, you can prepare the cheese mixture.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the minced garlic and flour. Cook and whisk until it’s all combined and and starts to thicken.
- Add in the cream, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens up. Reduce the heat to low and stir frequently as it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add in the Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Stir in the cheese and parsley. The cheese should begin to melt.
- Your pasta should almost be done cooking by now. Drain the water from the pasta.
- Add the cheese mixture to the cooked and drained pasta.
- Stir until mixed together well.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cheese and parsley for serving.
helpful items used in Creamy Parmesan Pasta
- 2 Quart Saucepan – This is a great non stick sauce pan with a lid.
- Stock Pot – A great stock pot for cooking pasta and making soup.
- Cheese Grater – This works great on Parmesan Cheese and vegetables.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are some great main dishes to go with creamy parmesan pasta:
Here are some of our favorite meat dishes to serve with pasta.
- Cheddar Baked Chicken
- Hawaiian Chicken Meatballs
- Pineapple Chicken Tenders
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Steak and Mushroom Kabobs
- Creamy Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Creamy Parmesan Pasta Recipe
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta 1 package
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- Cook pasta in a stock pot according to package directions.
- In a saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in minced garlic and flour. Cook and whisk until it's combined and starts to thicken.
- Add in cream, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens up. Reduce the heat to low and stir constantly as it thickens.
- Remove pan from heat and add in the Parmesan cheese and parsley. The cheese will begin to melt, so stir until all combined well.
- Drain the cooked pasta. Add the cheese mixture to the hot pasta.
- Stir until mixed together well.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and parsley for serving.
You can use any type of pasta you have on hand for this recipe.
- Stock Pot
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
You’ll love this Easy One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo recipe. Watch it here: