Instant Pot beef stroganoff recipe is one of the best recipes to make and the perfect comfort food with amazing flavor.
Beef stroganoff is a classic dish the whole family will love, and with this being a dump and go Instant Pot recipe, it makes it even quicker than the traditional way of cooking it!
Get the classic flavors of the Slow Cooker recipe here!
Make this delicious beef recipe and stroganoff sauce along with one of our fantastic side dishes, such as our Slow Cooker Green Beans, Easy Homemade Rolls, or a nice and refreshing Apple Cranberry Walnut Green Chopped Salad.
Ingredients For Our Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe:
- Olive oil
- Beef stew cubes (or a Beef Chuck Roast cut into cubes)
- Garlic salt
- Black Pepper
- Minced garlic
- Mushrooms (we like cremini mushrooms)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Beef broth (Beef Stock)
- Egg noodles
- Sour cream
Make our Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Classic Recipe:
- Get out your Instant Pot and press the SAUTE button and let the inner pot heat up.
- Once it’s warm, add the olive oil into the bottom of the pot.
- Next, carefully drop in the beef stew meat, garlic salt, salt, and pepper, and let it all simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the edges of the beef begin to turn brown.
- Then, add in the diced onion, minced garlic, fresh mushrooms, and mix everything together until it is well combined!
- Once that is done, add in the flour and make sure all of the ingredients get coated in the flour.
- Now it’s time to pour in the Worcestershire sauce and the beef broth and then stir everything together.
- When you are done with all of that, place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the SEALING position.
- Then, press the CANCEL button to turn off the saute function, Next press the MANUAL or High PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- When the 12 minutes is up, do a quick release of the pressure by turning the valve to the VENTING position.
- After all the pressure has escaped from inside, remove the lid from the Instant Pot and dump in the egg noodles and stir all the ingredients together to cover the noodles in liquid.
NOTE: If the noodles are exposed you can add ¼ cup to 1 cup of beef broth. You need just enough to cover the noodles completely.
- Put the lid back on the Instant Pot and turn the valve back to the SEALING position, press the MANUAL button, and set the timer for 4 minutes pressure cooking time.
- After the 4 minutes is up, do another quick release of the pressure by turning the valve to the VENTING position.
- Remove the lid and add the sour cream into the beef mixture and mix it all together until you have tender egg noodles, tender pieces of beef, and a nice creamy sauce.
- Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To Make This Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (I love THIS one!)
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring tools
Sour Cream Substitutes:
If you are not sour cream’s biggest fan, then take a look at what else you can substitute it with (we personally like greek yogurt). The Pioneer Woman has a great list of 10 Best Sour Cream Substitutes for Any Recipe.
Try these other Amazing Instant Pot Meals:
- Instant Pot Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili Recipe
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
Looking for more Family Favorite Stroganoff Recipes?!
- SLOW COOKER PORK STROGANOFF RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STROGANOFF RECIPE
- INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF SOUP RECIPE
- STROGANOFF SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER HEALTHIER BEEF STROGANOFF (NO CREAM SOUPS)
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe (Dump and Go)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds beef stew cubes
- garlic salt to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef broth (plus a little more if needed)
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- Press SAUTE button and let the pot heat up. Add the oil to the bottom of the pot once it's heated.
- Add in beef stew cubes, garlic salt and salt and pepper. Let the meat sear for 2-3 minutes or until the edges of the beef stew cubes start to brown.
- Add in the onion, garlic clove, and fresh mushrooms. Mix it all together.
- Add in flour and mix all together so everything is coated in flour.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce and beef broth and stir.
- Place lid on top of Instant Pot and turn valve to SEALING (not venting).
- Press CANCEL to turn of the Saute, then press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set timer for 12 minutes.
- Do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure and remove the lid once all the pressure is gone. Dump in the noodles (if you need more liquid, this is where you can add 1/4 cup – 1 cup of beef broth) and stir so that they are covered in liquid.
- Place the lid back on top of the Instant Pot and turn the valve to SEALING.
- Press MANUAL and set timer for 4 minutes.
- Once it's done cooking do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure. Remove the lid and add sour cream. Mix it in until meat and noodles are coated and creamy.
- If your dish is too liquidy, press the SAUTE button and cook until the sauce thickens up.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If the noodles are exposed you can add ¼ cup to 1 cup of beef broth. You need just enough to cover the noodles completely.
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Tools
This post was included in our 10 of the Easiest One Pot Meals Video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.