Instant Pot beef stroganoff recipe is an easy Instant Pot recipe to make. It would be perfect for a beginner or an Instant Pot first-timer.
Beef stroganoff is a great family dinner recipe, and with this being a dump and go Instant Pot recipe, it makes it even better!
Get the Slow Cooker recipe here!
You do not have to be as attentive to this recipe as if you were to make it over the stovetop. Perfect for when you are having to do 5 things at once.
Make this delicious beef recipe along with one of our fantastic side dishes, such as our Slow Cooker Green Beans, Easy Homemade Rolls, or a nice and refreshing Apple Cranberry Walnut Green Chopped Salad.
Ingredients Needed For Our Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe:
- Olive oil
- Beef stew cubes
- Garlic salt
- Minced garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- Beef broth
- Egg noodles
- Sour cream
How To Make Our Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe:
Get out your Instant Pot and press the SAUTE button and let the inner pot heat up.
Once it’s warm, add the olive oil into the pot.
Next, carefully drop in the beef stew cubes, garlic salt, salt, and pepper, and let it all simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the edges of the beef begin to turn brown.
Then, add in the diced onion, minced garlic, fresh mushrooms, and mix everything together until it is well combined!
Once that is done, add in the flour and make sure all of the ingredients get coated in the flour.
Now it’s time to pour in the Worcestershire sauce and the beef broth and then stir everything together.
When you are done with all of that, place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the SEALING position.
Then, press the CANCEL button to turn off the saute function, Next press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 12 minutes.
When the 12 minutes is up, do a quick release of the pressure by turning the valve to the VENTING position.
After all the pressure has escaped from inside, remove the lid from the Instant Pot and dump in the egg noodles and stir all the ingredients together to cover the noodles in liquid.
NOTE: If the noodles are exposed you can add ¼ cup to 1 cup of beef broth. You need just enough to cover the noodles completely.
Put the lid back on the Instant Pot and turn the valve back to the SEALING position, press the MANUAL button, and set the timer for 4 minutes.
After the 4 minutes is up, do another quick release of the pressure by turning the valve to the VENTING position.
Remove the lid and add the sour cream into the beef mixture and mix it all together until the noodles are nice and creamy. Then it is ready to serve and enjoy!
To Make This Easy Instant Pot Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (I love THIS one!)
- Measuring tools
Is the Stroganoff too Liquidy?
If there seems to be too much liquid, just press the saute button and cook everything until the sauce thickens up a little bit. A quick and easy fix.
Watch and See How it’s Made
You can also watch how to make this exact recipe on our YouTube Channel now! Along with a lot of other great family recipes too.
Sour Cream Substitutes
If you are not sour cream’s biggest fan, then take a look at what else you can substitute it with. The Pioneer Woman has a great list of 10 Best Sour Cream Substitutes for Any Recipe.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Use Your Instant Pot Every Night of the Week with These Amazing Recipes:
- Instant Pot Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Taco Chili Recipe
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe (Dump and Go)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds beef stew cubes
- garlic salt to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef broth (plus a little more if needed)
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- Press SAUTE button and let the pot heat up. Add the oil to the bottom of the pot once it's heated.
- Add in beef stew cubes, garlic salt and salt and pepper. Let the meat sear for 2-3 minutes or until the edges of the beef stew cubes start to brown.
- Add in the onion, garlic clove, and fresh mushrooms. Mix it all together.
- Add in flour and mix all together so everything is coated in flour.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce and beef broth and stir.
- Place lid on top of Instant Pot and turn valve to SEALING (not venting).
- Press CANCEL to turn of the Saute, then press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set timer for 12 minutes.
- Do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure and remove the lid once all the pressure is gone. Dump in the noodles (if you need more liquid, this is where you can add 1/4 cup – 1 cup of beef broth) and stir so that they are covered in liquid.
- Place the lid back on top of the Instant Pot and turn the valve to SEALING.
- Press MANUAL and set timer for 4 minutes.
- Once it's done cooking do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure. Remove the lid and add sour cream. Mix it in until meat and noodles are coated and creamy.
- If your dish is too liquidy, press the SAUTE button and cook until the sauce thickens up.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If the noodles are exposed you can add ¼ cup to 1 cup of beef broth. You need just enough to cover the noodles completely.
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Tools
This post was included in our 10 of the Easiest One Pot Meals Video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!