what is the best pasta For pasta salad?
We are often asked what is the best pasta to use in our various pasta salads.
We like to use pasta that is bite-sized. It’s easier to fit into your mouth and less messy if you have a dressing on your salad.
Our favorite pasta to use in most of our pasta salads are bow tie, elbow, and rotini.
We like the dressing to get into all the crevices of the pasta, which adds more flavor to every bite.
We do have a few pasta salads that ask for spaghetti noodles (like our popular Spaghetti Salad), and that is because it is specifically a spaghetti noodle salad.
Know that if you were out of pasta and only had spaghetti noodles on hand, they would work great.
how long will pasta salad keep in the fridge?
First, we need to tell you that we love leftover Greek pasta salad.
It’s almost better on the second day because all of the flavors have fused together. Every bite is full of so much flavor.
Greek Pasta Salad can easily be stored in the fridge for 3 to 5 days and still taste great.
We store pasta salad in an airtight container. Just pull it out of the fridge, give it a good stir, and enjoy it again.
what can you add into pasta salad?
All of the add-ins make this pasta salad burst with beautiful colors.
We love to make this when our garden produce is in full swing. Here are some of our favorite veggie add-ins along with other ingredients:
- Kalamata olives (black olives will work too)
- Grape Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Green Bell Peppers
- Red Bell Peppers
- Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
how to make Greek pasta salad
- Bring a pot of water to boiling and add in the bow tie pasta. Cook according to directions on the box. Cook until tender and then drain and run under cold water in a strainer. Drain and let cool while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Cut up the vegetables as directed in the recipe directions. In a large salad bowl combine the cooked and cooled pasta along with the cucumbers, tomatoes, feta crumbles, olives, and red onion.
- Add in the Greek salad dressing and toss until all is coated well. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese. We like to serve this salad cold.
- If you love Feta cheese, you can always add a few more crumbles to the top of the salad.
- This salad goes great with any meat. It’s perfect for a BBQ or when the family is all together and you need a big salad to feed a crowd.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our latest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
more pasta salad recipes to try:
We love pasta salads because they come together so quickly and are EASY to make.
- Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad
- Mom’s Traditional Pasta Salad
- Spaghetti Salad Recipe
Have you seen out our YouTube channel?