how could i make this into a freezer meal?
I am all about simple freezer meals, and this one makes a perfect freezer meal.
For this recipe, I usually double it, then freeze half of the prepared meal. I usually freeze it in a thick airtight container.
However, you could also throw all the ingredients together (raw chicken and all) and cook it when you are ready for it.
I am just all about shortcuts and I will make this for dinner one night, then freeze the other meal I made with it. That way, I only have to heat it up when we are ready to eat, and don’t have to wait for it to cook.
what other toppings would be good on this?
I am all about the toppings. I like the base, but the toppings make it what it is. This recipe is great for topping off.
Here are a few toppings we recommend putting on this recipe:
- banana peppers
- bell peppers
- sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- feta, cheddar, Mexican blend, pepper jack or mozzarella cheese
watch how to make another favorite Slow Cooker recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more simple slow cooker recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 15 ounces black beans 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 14 ounces corn 1 can. drained
- ½ cup salsa
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- If making a freezer meals, label a gallon-sized resealable freezer bag with the title of the recipe and how to long to cook in the slow cooker.
- Dump the black beans, corn, salsa, taco seasoning, and water in the resealable bag and mix until all the ingredients are combined. Add the chicken breasts and zip the bag closed. Place in the freezer until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, remove bag from freezer and place in fridge overnight so that it can thaw. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and dump bag ingredients into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours (until chicken is completely done).
- Shred meat and serve however you want (in tacos, burritos, nachos, salads, etc). Garnish with cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and hot sauce.
- Put beans, corn, taco seasoning, and water in crock pot and mix together until seasoning is dissolved. Place chicken breasts on top and spread salsa on chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred meat and serve however you want (see explanation above). Garnish with cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and hot sauce.
You can cook this recipe ahead of time, wait for it to cool, and then put it in the freezer for a quick and healthy dinner when you don't have time to cook. Either option of freezing works great. Optional garnish toppings:
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- avocado (diced)
- lettuce (shredded)
- tomatoes (diced)
- hot sauce
- Large Ziplock Bag
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Slow Cooker
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!