Our Slow cooker chicken fajitas recipe is an easy dish to make during the week. You make all of the flavor from spices you have in your pantry making this a very budget friendly meal.
No need to make any extra stops at the grocery store since there is a good chance you’ll have everything you need to make this simple chicken fajitas recipe.
Fajitas are always a hit in our house. The kids love to build their fajita with the toppings they love so there is no complaining from anyone during this meal.
Ingredients Needed For These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas:
- Boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Can of diced green chilies
- Sliced onion
- Sliced bell pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Flour tortillas
How To Make This Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe:
To start this recipe, make sure you prep all of your vegetables by cleaning them and cutting them according to what is needed in the recipe and slice up your chicken breasts.
Then, get out your slow cooker and either spray it with nonstick cooking spray, or line it with a slow cooker liner (they make clean up super easy just like making this easy slow cooker recipe).
Now, place the raw chicken strips, can of diced tomatoes, can of diced green chilies, sliced onion, sliced bell pepper, vegetable oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
Mix all of the ingredients together and cook them on low for 4-6 or on high heat for 2 hours.
When the chicken is cooked all the way through, and the vegetables are tender, serve the fajita mixture on flour tortillas with shredded cheese and your favorite toppings.
To Make Simple Chicken Fajitas You Will Need:
- Slow cooker
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Slow cooker liner (these are optional but are great for clean up)
“I have so much time!” -No mom ever
Toppings Ideas For This Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe:
- Sour cream
- Banana pepper
Easy Tortillas You Can Make
We all know it is easy to pick up a package of tortillas from the grocery store. But it is actually quite easy to make your own!
With Just A Taste’s 30-minutes homemade flour tortillas recipe you can have your own freshly made tortillas in no time! You might never go back to store bought tortillas again.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy– is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
30 Minutes or Less
5 Ingredients or Less
One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Try Some Of Our Best Crock Pot Recipes!
- Slow Cooker 3 Cheese Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Glazed Ham Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in slow cooker and mix gently, until all spices are incorporated
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Serve with tortillas, shredded cheese, pico de gallo, and guacamole.
- Place all ingredients in a ziploc or freezer safe bag. Mix ingredients in bag to make sure spices are fully incorporated.
- Place in Freezer (up to 30 days).
- To Prepare, thaw in fridge for 24 hours before placing in slow cooker. Cook for 4-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high,
- Place all ingredients in Instant Pot
- Stir until chicken and vegetables are all fully coated with seasoning.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 15-20 minutes. Quick release after time runs out.
- Slow Cooker
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.