We are huge chicken nugget fans and absolutely love chicken cordon bleu. We thought it would be wonderful to combine our two favorites into one delicious bite of heavenly goodness. Our kids devoured these nuggets in no time at all! We adapted our Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole recipe into these tasty nuggets! We dipped them in honey mustard dipping sauce.
if you love these chicken cordon bleu nuggets, be sure to try our mom’s chicken divan and our Homemade Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets the whole family will love them!
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU NUGGETS RECIPE
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (uncooked)
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese
- 7½ ounces sliced ham (I used Oscar Mayer Carving Board sliced ham)
- 1 box Chicken Stuffing Mix
- ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into 1 1 /2 inch squares. If the chicken is thick, cut it in half so it's thinner. Slice the cheese and ham into 1 inch squares.
- Sandwich the cheese and ham between 2 slices of chicken. Poke a toothpick in the center of the sandwich. Place flour in a small bowl, beaten eggs with water in another small bowl, and the crumb mixture in it's own bowl. The toothpick holds it together when rolling in the flour, egg, and crumb mixtures.
- Dip the cordon bleu nugget in the flour mixture, then roll in the beaten egg mixture, then roll in the stuffing crumbs.
- Set on a greased cookie sheet. Slide the toothpick carefully out of the nugget after putting it on the cookie sheet. It will stay together. After you have dipped all of the nuggets, spray them with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Mix all the dipping sauce ingredients together until well blended. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Yammie’s Noshery