I really love soft, tender, chicken with a crispy outside. This chicken is full of flavor and healthier than most crispy chicken.
It was a huge hit with my kids and husband. I cut up the leftovers the next day and served it on salad, which was so yummy.
It came together in a matter of minutes and tasted just amazing. I was shocked at how delicious and moist the chicken turned out.
If you are looking for a fast and simple main dish, that is also healthy, this is definitely a recipe you need to try.
It’s full of flavor, and only requires a little bit of time to throw together. Your family is going to love this one, I promise.
And did I mention it is only five simple ingredients? I mean come on, it doesn’t get any easier than this recipe.
Looking for more healthy chicken recipes? Here are 27 of our Best Healthy Chicken Dinners!
Here is everything you need to make this Crispy HOney mustard chicken:
Easy Mustard Chicken Ingredients:
- Honey mustard dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Corn flake crumbs
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Kitchen tools needed for Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken:
WANT TO AVOID GOING OUT TO EAT BUT WANT TO EAT LIKE YOU ARE?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
steps on how to make crispy honey mustard chicken!
Step 1: Crush your cereal into fine pieces.
You don’t want to crush it so fine that the cereal isn’t crunchy and will become soggy when cooking. Just fine enough that it’s not uncomfortable to eat.
Step 2: Place the honey mustard and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
After you make the honey mustard sauce, you will want to dip each chicken breast in the sauce, coating both sides, then directly into the cereal, pressing the cereal bits into the chicken breast.
Step 3: Place the covered chicken breast on a pan that has been covered with foil and lightly greased with non stick cooking spray.
Step 4: Place in the oven to bake, and once it is cooked through, remove from oven and drizzle extra honey mustard dressing on top. Serve immediately.
Related article: looking for more baked chicken breast recipes? Try our Cheddar Baked Chicken!
how to keep your corn flakes from getting soggy
There is a small secret to keeping your cornflakes from getting soggy on the bottom. Here is how you do it:
- Place a metal cookie cooling rack on your cookie sheet.
- Place your chicken tenders on the cookie cooling rack. This will allow the juices to fall, and your chicken won’t cook in them, making them more crisp and less soggy.
- Bake as directed. You can rotate them to evenly cook them. Broil for one minute at the end, to ensure extra crispiness.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions and help you get the recipe perfect!
looking for more DELICIOUS chicken recipes?
here are a few of our favorites:
Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- ¾ cup lite honey mustard dressing
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing, salt, and pepper; remove 1/3 cup and set aside.
- Place corn flake crumbs in another small mixing bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast into dressing mixture, then coat in corn flake crumbs and place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Drizzle remaining dressing mixture (the 1/3 cup that was set aside) over chicken breasts and serve.