This Lemon Chex Mix is quick, simple, delicious, and the perfect snack food. I have always loved Muddy Buddies, but with summer right around the corner I wanted something light and fresh.
We love making these for game night, movie night, pool day, or just when we need a yummy treat. This recipe definitely feeds a crowd, so it’s a perfect snack food for any event.
They have the perfect hint of lemon to them, but they definitely aren’t overpowering. You will love this delicious citrus twist, on your favorite snack food.
My sister and I made these for our kids one afternoon when they were running through the sprinklers and they never made it out to the kids. We were downing this Lemon Chex Mix by the fistful!
You’ve been warned. They are addictive.
Can I make these lemon buddies ahead of time?
For this recipe, we don’t really recommend making them ahead of time. Because of the lemon juice in the recipe, it breaks down the cereal a little bit, and makes it a little soggy.
These are best when made and served immediately.
If you have leftovers, we recommend storing them in an airtight container. They will soften with time, but they will still taste delicious.
Six Sisters’ Stuff Cookbook:
There’s always something to celebrate! This cookbook is the ultimate go-to guide for celebrating every holiday and creating memories with the people you love.
Celebrate every season with us! Our cookbook, Celebrate Every Season, is filled with 150+ recipes, traditions and fun ideas for each month of the year.
We hope you make priceless memories with your family as you celebrate every season with this cookbook!
Order your copy here → Six Sisters’ Stuff Celebrate Every Season
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
The world’s best snack food:
We love any type of buddy or puppy chow combination. I firmly believe it is the best snack food for movies, boating, swim day, games, Super Bowl, etc.
Well the good news is, we have tons of similar recipes on our site. If you are looking for more recipes like this, check out these ones:
- Chex Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies
- Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies
- Original Muddy Buddies
- Double Brownie Muddy Buddies
- Triple Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
- Lover Muddy Buddies
- Cookies and Cream Oreo Muddy Buddies
- Thin Mint Muddy Buddies
- Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix
- Slow Cooker Savory Chex Mix Recipe
The best snack recipes:
If muddy buddies and puppy chow aren’t your thing, we have plenty of other snack recipes to satisfy your cravings!
- Rocky Road Popcorn
- Muddy Buddy Popcorn
- Snickers Popcorn
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies
- Rolo Pretzel Turtle Bites
Lemon Chex Mix Recipe
- 9 cups rice chex cereal
- 1¼ cups white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a microwaveable bowl, microwave white chocolate chips, butter, lemon zest and juice uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave about 30 more seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into a 2-gallon resealable food storage plastic bag.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Ziploc Bag
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.