My husband and I weren’t big popcorn people – until we got an air popper. And now we make popcorn all the time! I love curling up on the couch and watching a movie with our newest flavored popcorn concoction. I remember watching First Daughter (the one with Katie Holmes) when I was a little girl and seeing them mix chocolate into their popcorn at the movie theater, and I was so disgusted. Then I tried it, and now I can’t get enough! There’s just something I love about the salty and sweet goodness of popcorn and chocolate! With the peanuts, chocolate, and marshmallows in this Rocky Road Popcorn – your mouth will be in for a real treat! 😉
Rocky Road Popcorn Recipe
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 6 cups mini marshmallows divided
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Over medium heat in a large sauce pan, mix together 4 cups of mini marshmallows and 1/4 cup of butter until completely smooth.
- Quickly pour hot marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and stir until popcorn is completely coated.
- After letting it cool for a few minutes (so your other ingredients won't melt), mix in chocolate chips, 2 cups of mini marshmallows, and peanuts.
- Let it cool completely.
- Large Bowl
- Large Saucepan