This recipe was a staple in our house every holiday season while we were growing up- a couple of years ago I even made about 10 batches of it and took it around to our neighbors as a Christmas gift.
It is easy to throw together, the kids can help make it, and it is finished and ready to eat in less than 15 minutes. Warning: it’s super addicting.
I have absolutely no control when I make this, I just can’t stop nibbling. I even had it for breakfast this morning. It’s cereal, right?
Related article: White Chocolate Chex Party Mix (so good!)
Ingredients in Gooey Almond Coconut Chex Mix:
- Rice Chex cereal
- sweetened coconut
- slivered almonds (can also use sliced almonds)
- corn syrup
tips for making gooey almond and coconut chex mix:
- It’s important to use a large bowl when making this recipe because it makes a ton, and it is also very difficult to stir, so it can get a little messy. This the THE BOWL that I used in the picture above (you could also use two mixing bowls if you don’t have a huge bowl).
- You will also want to spray the bowl with non-stick cooking spray because once you add the gooey goodness, it will stick like crazy.
- As you cook the gooey mixture on the stove top, stir constantly because it will easily burn.
- If it starts to boil over, just turn the heat down a little bit.
- Use a large wooden spoon to mix it all together in the bowl.
How to make Gooey Almond Chex Mix:
- Spray a LARGE (the biggest you can find) bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour in the entire box of Chex cereal, coconut, and almonds. Gently mix together.
- Mix together the sugar, butter, light corn syrup, and dash of salt in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a full boil, turn heat down to medium, and cook for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the cereal mixture in the big bowl and stir evenly.
- Spread cereal evenly on wax paper (I just spread the wax paper on my counter) and let cool.
- Once it cools, you can bag it up in little cellophane bags and share with neighbors and friends. Or put it in a bowl and dig in (I love when it’s warm and gooey!).
- You can also store it in an airtight container or Ziploc bag and it lasts for a couple of days.
Related recipe: Have you tried the Pecan Pie version of this recipe? See it HERE.
Watch how to make this recipe:
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes your family is going to love.
Watch how to make our Gooey Coconut Almond Chex Mix HERE
Check out our other chex mix recipes:
- Caramel Cinnamon Chex Mix
- Pecan Pie Chex Party Mix
- Chewy Chex Bars
- Muddy Buddies
- Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix
our new cookbook!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!