Well, finger food season has arrived. Football games, holiday parties, movie nights, and me just craving anything sweet. It’s my favorite time of year.
And our cute friend Ashton from Something Swanky has just released the perfect cookbook that will give you all the recipes that you need for every finger-food snack occasion: Party Popcorn.
I am a huge popcorn lover, and I have recently become a fan of Muddy Buddy Popcorn. I have always been a snack food person, but this has made me snack food obsessed.
You guys, this is the worlds best sweet and salty combination, and you need this Muddy Buddy Popcorn in your life. It is so simple to make and has the most amazing flavor to it.
the best way to coat your muddy buddies:
I am a huge muddy buddy fan, and am frequently making them. I personally believe I have mastered the perfect muddy buddy coating (and I like mine very coated. The more flavor, the better).
I have found the best way to coat your muddy buddies, without making a mess, is to scoop them into a gallon ziplock bag (You may need to use two. I like to use two to better coat your muddy buddies and make sure each individual piece is covered).
I like to scoop a little powdered sugar into the gallon ziplock bag, then add some of the Chex cereal mixture with all the gooey good stuff on it, then add the rest of the powdered sugar.
I then zip up the bag, and shake it all up. It’s easier to separate and make sure each piece is covered, rather than trying to stir it all together in a bowl.
You could also use a large bowl that has a lid, and combine it using the bowl, with the lid on top.
add some more chocolate to your snack:
I am a total chocolate fanatic. Sometimes, I after the muddy buddies are all coated, and I add in a few extra candy pieces. I also like to add in a few chocolate chips, or pieces of Hershey’s chocolate bar just for a bite of sweet chocolate goodness.
This is totally optional, but it just makes the mixture a little sweeter.
watch how to make another popcorn favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Rocky Road Popcorn. Need I say more. Watch how to make this simple and delicious snack food recipe, here:
looking for more Muddy buddy recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Classic Original Muddy Buddies
- Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies
- Triple Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
- Sea Salt Caramel Muddy Buddies
- Thin Mint Muddy Buddies
Muddy Buddy Popcorn Recipe
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips (you could also use milk chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Place the powdered sugar in a resealable gallon-sized bag.
- In a medium-sized microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave, cooking for 30 second intervals and stirring after each interval until the chocolate and peanut butter combination is completely smooth (mine was completely melted after 90 seconds, but it will depend on your microwave). Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour melted chocolate over the popcorn and mix with a large rubber spatula until it completely coats each piece of popcorn.
- Carefully spoon the popcorn into the resealable bag (I promise that it will all fit). Zip the bag closed and shake until all the popcorn is coated with the powdered sugar.
- Once the popcorn is coated, pour into a large bowl and serve. If you have any leftovers, store in an airtight container for up to two days (I doubt it will last that long!). 🙂
- Large Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Ziploc Bag
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
Questions & Reviews