The perfect fall, Halloween, or Thanksgiving snack: Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies!
What are muddy buddies?
I’ve heard Muddy Buddies called by many different names including: puppy chow, monkey munch, monkey buddies, and Chex mix.
Muddy Buddies are any form of Chex Cereal covered in some sort of chocolate, powdered sugar and other flavors.
Often times have candy and other toppings mixed in.
No matter the name, Muddy Buddies are a perfect snack for movie nights, parties or a day at the park or beach!
Ok, who are we kidding, they are perfect to eat anywhere or everywhere.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies:
I love how easy it is to make these Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies.
I was able to whip up a batch of these for my kids in a matter of minutes, and they were gone just as quickly.
Start by measuring out 6 cups of Cinnamon Chex Cereal and pouring it into a large mixing bowl.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and powdered sugar.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 cups of white chocolate chips with a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, remove from the microwave and stir until the chocolate is smooth.
Pour the melted white chocolate over the Chex Cereal and gently fold until all of the cereal is evenly coated.
Pour the powdered sugar and spice mixture over the cereal and gently mix until all of the cereal is evenly coated.
Sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice on top for garnish and serve.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Other delicious muddy buddy and Chex Mix recipes:
- Muddy Buddy Popcorn
- Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix
- Gooey Almond and Coconut Chex Mix
- Chex Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies
- The BEST Muddy Buddies
Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 6 cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pour Cinnamon Chex Cereal into a bowl and set aside
- Melt white chocolate chips with vegetable oil in a a microwave safe bowl on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg until fully incorporated.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the Cinnamon Chex, and fold until evenly coated.
- Pour the powdered sugar mixture over the cereal and gently fold until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle a little extra pumpkin pie spice on top before serving.
- If you can’t find Cinnamon Chex, regular Corn Chex or Rice Chex will work great! You could even try Honey Nut Chex.
- Mixing Bowl
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?