Do you have 10 minutes? Then I HIGHLY recommend running into the kitchen and throwing this Chex Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies together.
It is CRAZY addicting, so you might want to double the batch. My husband loves all things made with a Funfetti cake mix, so I made it for him but ended up eating most of it myself. Trust me, you are going to LOVE this recipe.
It’s great for game night, movie night, midnight munchies, or just anytime you are craving a crunch snack. It only requires 5 simple and inexpensive ingredients, that you may already have on hand. I may even say these are better than our original chocolate and peanut butter Muddy Buddies
Only three simple steps to make this Cake Batter Buddies recipe:
Start with your cereal. We prefer and recommend to use Chex cereal. It captures the white chocolate and holds in the powdered sugar and cake mix a little better.
Add your melted chocolate. You can use vanilla almond bark, or white chocolate chips.
Add your dry ingredients, and a few extra sprinkles, if desired.
Eat and enjoy!
Can I make these Cake Batter Buddies using different cereal?
For this recipe, we like to use Chex Mix because it allows the white chocolate to settle into the cereal, and the cake batter to cling to it, giving this more flavor as well as crunch.
We have never made this recipe using a different cereal, but it would still work. The powdered sugar and the cake mix might not stick as well, but it would still be delicious.
Here are a few cereals we recommend you trying, with this recipe:
- Cheerio’s (Honey Nut, or Frosted)
- Frosted Flakes
- Golden Grahams
- Rice Krispies
Can I use white chocolate instead of almond bark in this Cake Batter Buddies recipe?
You could most definitely use white chocolate in place of Almond Bark. We recommend the almond bar, because it calls for quite a bit of white chocolate, and the flavor has a little more almond taste to it, but white chocolate would work just as well.
Watch how to make another favorite cereal snack food recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
These Peanut Butter Breakfast Cereal Bites are perfect for breakfast on the go, a snack, or even dessert. They only require a few ingredients and taste amazing. Watch how to make them, here:
Chex Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies Recipe
- 5 cups Chex Cereal (I used Rice Chex, but Corn Chex would work great!)
- 10 ounces vanilla flavored almond bark (5 squares)
- 1½ cups funfetti cake mix
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Melt Almond Bark according to package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin it out.
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl and drizzle the melted Almond Bark over the cereal.
- Mix gently with a large spoon or spatula. Dump the cake mix and powdered sugar onto the cereal and mix gently with large spoon until all the cereal is evenly coated.
- You could most definitely use white chocolate in place of Almond Bark. We recommend the almond bar, because it calls for quite a bit of white chocolate, and the flavor has a little more almond taste to it, but white chocolate would work just as well.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
This post was included in our EASY 4 NO BAKE DESSERTS video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!