Once again, my love of all things peanut butter and chocolate took over and I had no control. This easy no bake treat is my weakness. They are soft and chewy with the perfect amount of sweet and salty.
I don’t think that I will ever eat regular Rice Krispies Treats again. These were just too good. And if you put the peanut butter and Reese’s up against the marshmallows in the classic Rice Krispies Treats, these win by far!
You can spread them out in a pan, and cut them into squares, or you can roll them into a ball, and have little individual treats. If you do them in a pan, you will probably want to use a cookie sheet.
If you put them in a 9 x 11 inch pan, they will be nice and thick. So it’s really up to you and your preference.
This recipe makes a lot, so it’s a great dessert if you need to feed a crowd.
what other cereal can be used in this recipe?
I am also a large cereal lover, and know my cereals very well. If you are looking to switch out the Rice Krispies for a different cereal, I definitely have a few recommendations for you, that will add amazing crunch and flavor.
Here are some other cereal options:
- Cocoa Puffs
- Reese’s Puffs
- Chocolate Rice Krispies
- Peanut Butter Cheerios
- Cocoa Pebbles
- Frosted Cheerios
- Frosted Flakes
- Chocolate Chex
- Golden Grahams
You could really use any cereal you desire, but these would be the ones I highly recommend.
how do you store these Reese’s Peanut butter rice krispies treats?
If, for some crazy reason, these don’t get eaten when served and you are lucky enough to have leftovers, they freeze well.
Put them in an airtight freezer container or a freezer bag and place in the freezer. Just thaw and eat when ready.
If you have some leftovers, they can be kept out for hours in an airtight container, or place them in a fridge.
how to make reese’s peanut butter rice krispies treats
Here are the easy and simple ingredients needed for these delicious Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats.
- Place the cereal and salt in a big mixing bowl.
- In a medium sized saucepan combine the sugar, Karo syrup, and peanut butter. Stir over medium heat until combined and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over the cereal in the mixing bowl.
- Then add in the chocolate chips and stir again. Let cool for a minute or two. Then add in the chopped Reese’s. They will melt a little.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop by rounded tablespoons onto the sheet.
- You can eat them while warm and gooey, or you can let them cool off.
- You can get about 30 balls out of this recipe, but it really depends on the size you make them.
If you like these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats, you LOVE our Caramel Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treat Balls.
helpful items used in this recipe
- Cookie Sheets – These come in a pack of 2. Great for sheet pan recipes and cookies.
- Saucepan – A non stick saucepan with a glass lid.
- Mixing Bowl Set – A set of 3 mixing bowls with a non skid bottom.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
looking for more easy desserts? here are a few of our favorites:
- Muddy Buddies
- Triple Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
- No Bake Lemon Cookie Truffles
- Reese’s Cookie Ice Cream Pops
- Blueberry Cheesecake Pudding Poke Cake
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
- 4½ cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 (1.5 ounce) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (chopped)
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cereal with the pinch of salt.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the sugar, Karo syrup, and peanut butter. Stir over medium heat until combined and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over the cereal in the mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add in the chocolate chips and stir again. Let cool for a minute and then fold in the Reese's chunks. They will melt a little.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto the cookie sheet.
- You can eat them while warm and gooey, or let them cool a little.
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make these No Bake Peanut Butter Breakfast Cereal Bites.
Questions & Reviews
- KAT -