Trust us when we say these Double Brownie Muddy Buddies are DANGEROUS!
Your favorite snack of Muddy Buddies, mixed with your favorite dessert of brownies . . . this is the best combination!
Make your favorite homemade brownies or make them super simple by using your favorite box mix.
Related Recipe: Be sure to try our family favorite recipe Gooey Almond and Coconut Chex Mix.
Ingredients needed for Double Brownie Muddy Buddies:
- brownie mix
- vegetable oil
- rice chex cereal
- milk chocolate chips
- peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- brownie mix
How to make Double Brownie Muddy Buddies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all brownie ingredients in a bowl and pour into a greased 8×8″ pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For muddy buddies, pour cereal into large bowl.
- In 1-quart, microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine.
- Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate sauce slowly over cereal, stirring to coat evenly.
- Pour cereal into large plastic bag. Add brownie mix (this would be from a second box of brownie mix) and secure; shake to coat well.
- After the prepared brownies have cooled, cut into small bite sized squares and add to muddy buddies.
- Spread on wax paper to cool.