These Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars are one of a kind!
If you are looking for a great Christmas or Valentine’s dessert recipe, this Big Cherry Candy Bar copycat recipe will be perfect.
It has all of the chocolate your valentine will love and the pink from the cherry frosting center give that perfect Valentine’s Day feel.
If you are looking for more than a chocolate dessert recipe for Valentine’s day, make sure you take a look at our fantastic Valentine Sugar Cookies and Confetti Cupcakes with Homemade Strawberry Buttercream Frosting.
Related Recipe: If you love Cherry, you’ll want to try these Cherry Bing Bars!
Ingredients Needed For Our Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars Recipe:
- Milk chocolate chips
- Chunky peanut butter
- Salted peanuts
- Miniature marshmallows
- Package of cherry frosting (you can find it HERE)
How To Make Our Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars Recipe:
Start by melting the chocolate chips and chunky peanut butter on low power in a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave the peanut butter and chocolate in 30 second increments stirring in between each time until the chocolate chips are melted.
Stir everything together, adding the chopped peanuts.
Once they are melted together, lightly spray a 9×13 inch glass pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread half of the peanut butter and chocolate mixture on the bottom.
NOTE: Be sure to spread each layer to the edges of the pan to make sure it all sets up well.
Now place the pan in the fridge to allow the chocolate layer to set up.
In the meantime, melt the marshmallows in the microwave on very low, stopping it to stir every 20 seconds.
When the marshmallows are melted and smooth, stir in the cherry frosting until it is well combined with the marshmallows.
Remove the pan from the fridge and spread the cherry marshmallow mix over top of the first layer of chocolate, then return it to the fridge.
After that has been able to chill in the fridge, reheat the remaining chocolate, slowly in 30 second increments if the chocolate has begun to set up.
Then spread the remaining chocolate over top of the cherry layer.
Now, return the pan to the fridge to let it fully set up then cut it into small pieces. This should make about 48 pieces.
When you are not eating or serving these, they should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
Looking for more Cherry Desserts?! Try our Creamy Cherry Whip Salad!
To Make This Chocolate Dessert You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch glass pan
- Microwave safe bowl (2)
- Nonstick cooking spray
Can’t Find the Cherry Frosting?
If you are having a hard time finding the cherry frosting for this recipe you can always make your own!
Using the Maraschino Cherry Frosting recipe from the Cake Whiz, you can still make this fantastic cherry chocolate nut bar recipe in no time!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Inspiration for Valentine’s Dessert Recipes:
- Lover Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Layered Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert Recipe
- Two Ingredient Strawberry Fudge Recipe
- Red Velvet Oreo Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Red Velvet Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Instant Pot Chocolate Fondue
Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars Recipe
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips 1 package
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
- 12 ounces salted peanuts chopped
- 10.5 ounces miniature marshmallows 1 package
- 16 ounces cherry frosting 1 package
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter on low in the microwave. Stir well and add the chopped peanuts. Spread half of this mixture in a 9 x 13 inch glass pan sprayed very lightly with non stick cooking spray. Place in fridge to set up.
- Melt marshmallows in the microwave on very low stirring every 20 seconds. When melted and smooth, stir in the frosting.
- Spread this mixture carefully on top of the chocolate layer. Let cool in the fridge.
- Top with remaining chocolate for the last layer. If it has set up a little, just microwave it for about 30 seconds and stir well. Be sure to spread each layer to the edges of the pan.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces – about 48.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Be sure to spread each layer of chocolate and peanut butter to the edges of the pan to make sure it all sets up well.
- Let the bars fully set up, before cutting into pieces.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- 9×13 Inch Glass Pan
- Microwave Safe Bowl (2)
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.