I am all for making things fast, so I used to grab a box of brownies and bake them off because they were simple and fast. Well, with this Instant Pot brownies recipe I can do brownies fast, but from SCRATCH!
They are super simple to make and are absolutely to die for! Every time I bring these Instant Pot treats to my friends they are always asking for the recipe.
When I tell them I made them in the Instant Pot they are amazed that you can make them in the Instant Pot. Most times, people don’t even think about the Instant Pot for desserts, when you can make some pretty awesome desserts!
What other desserts can you make in the Instant Pot? We have some fantastic recipes like our Instant Pot Snickerdoodle Bread, Instant Pot Churro Bites, and of course, our easy Instant Pot Mini Cheesecakes that can all be made in the Instant Pot.
Related Article: These Lunch Lady Peanut Bars are the EXACT same recipe that they served in your cafeteria growing up!
WHICH INSTANT POT IS BEST?
If you have not gotten an Instant Pot yet, now is the time! You will not regret it or the time you’ll be saving at night.
What exactly do you need to make these delightfully fudgy brownies?
Instant Pot Brownies ingredients:
- Vanilla extract
- Baking Powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts
You can use dark chocolate cocoa powder or dark chocolate chips instead of the semi-sweet chips too if you want!
DESSERT IN THE INSTANT POT NECESSITIES:
- Instant Pot
- 7” springform pan (like THIS one)
- 3” trivet (THIS one will do)
- Hand mixer
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
If you don’t happen to have the trivet for the Instant Pot, you might want to try some of the substitutes you can do without it here at Hippressurecooking.com as they can give you some creative ways to avoid having to buy a trivet.
How to make Instant Pot brownies from scratch:
Start by blending the softened butter with a hand mixer in a large mixing bowl for about 10 seconds.
Then, add in the sugar and mix it until it blended with the butter to make a creamy mixture. Next, beat the eggs into the creamed sugar mixture until everything is well incorporated.
Now, add in the vanilla extract and blend everything together again.
Now in another medium-sized mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and whisk it all together until they are well combined.
Begin to mix in the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture with a spatula or wooden spoon until everything is combined completely.
Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts into the brownie mix until they are well distributed.
Now, lightly spray a 7-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray for optimal results. Then, add the batter into the springform pan and spread it out evenly to ensure it cooks evenly.
Before you place the pan into the bottom of the Instant Pot, place the 3-inch trivet into the bottom of the pot. Then be sure to add in 1 ½ cups of water at the very bottom.
Next, place a folded foil strip about 18 inches long on top of the trivet (this will make it easy to lift the brownies out of the Instant Pot). Then place cover the springform pan with aluminum foil and place it on top of the trivet. You can also buy a silicone sling lifter to do the same thing.
Do NOT forget the foil as it helps keep the moisture of if the batter while they are cooking!
Cover the brownie batter with foil, and lower the pan into the Instant Pot. After you lower the pan into the Instant Pot, fold the foil straps loosely over the top of the brownies.
Then, place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and lock it into place and turn the knob to the “sealing” position. Now, turn it on and cook it for 55 minutes on high pressure.
Once it beeps to let you know it’s done, let the Instant Pot do a natural release for 10 minutes (you do nothing, just let it sit).
After 10 minutes, turn the knob to “venting” to release the remaining pressure. When all of the pressure has been released, carefully lift the lid off.
Let the brownies cool for about 15 minutes and then you can remove the pan from the Instant Pot using the foil straps.
Take off the side of the springform pan and this delicious brownie is ready to serve with ice cream!
Related recipe: If you love these brownies, you’ll love our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies!
Don’t have an Instant Pot?
Not everyone has an Instant Pot (I know crazy) so if you are looking for another great brownie recipe you have got to check out our YouTube channel. We share new recipes all the time that are picky eater friendly and with ingredients you will find in your kitchen. Our scrumptious Mom’s famous chocolate marshmallow brownies are ones you won’t want to miss!
More delicious brownie recipes to try!
- LUNCH LADY BROWNIES
- SHEET PAN FUDGY BROWNIES
- BETTER THAN ANYTHING BROWNIES
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BROWNIES
- CHOCOLATE THIN MINT BROWNIES
Instant Pot Fudgy Brownies Recipe
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, blend softened butter with a hand mixer for about 10 seconds.
- Add in sugar and mix until well blended. Beat eggs into the mixture until all incorporated.
- Add in vanilla and mix again.
- In a separate bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Lightly spray a 7 inch pan with non stick cooking spray. (We used a 7 inch springform pan.)
- Add batter to the pan and spread evenly.
- Place a 3 inch high trivet in bottom of instant pot and add in 1 1/2 cups water.
- Place a folded foil strip about 18 inches long on top of the trivet. This will make it easy to lift out the brownies after they are done cooking. Or you can purchase a silicone lifter.
- Place pan into the instant pot and cover with foil. This helps to keep all of the moisture out while they are cooking.
- Fold the foil strips loosely over the top of the brownies.
- Place lid on instant pot and lock into place. Cook for 55 minutes on high pressure. Then let it do a natural release for 10 minutes. Then do a quick release with the remaining pressure.
- When the pressure has all been released, lift the lid carefully and remove pan.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes and then remove brownies from the pan. (We removed the sides of the springform pan.)
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Instant Pot
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO MAKE YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT RECIPES AT HOME?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!