These baked chicken fajitas are a favorite chicken recipe in our house. I am always looking for amazing chicken breast recipes and this oven-baked fajitas in one pan is amazing.
Chicken fajitas are not always the healthiest but this is definitely a wonderfully healthy chicken fajitas recipe that everyone will love. You can make it for an easy family dinner recipe on your busy weeknights.
If you want to make this up ahead of time by chopping everything up it will make this already simple recipe, faster to make at night.
Ingredients Needed For Our Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe:
- Chicken Breasts
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Can of diced green chilies
- Green bell pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Sour cream
How To Make Our Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe:
To make these delicious chicken fajitas start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
Then, get a 9×13 inch baking dish and spray it generously with nonstick cooking spray.
Now make sure that all of your veggies and chicken have been chopped up.
Once the green bell peppers, onion, and chicken have been sliced up, put them in the prepared baking dish and add in the whole can of tomatoes and green chilies.
Then in a small mixing bowl combine together the vegetable oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
Now drizzle the spice mixture over top of the veggies and chicken and toss it all together.
Place the baking dish in the oven uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and then vegetables are tender.
Then pull the baking dish from the oven and serve the chicken fajitas on tortillas and top it off with shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and all of your favorite toppings.
To Make This healthy Chicken Fajitas Recipe You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch baking dish (THIS is a nice one!)
- Small mixing bowl
- Nonstick spray
Have you ever had fajitas with fresh tortillas? It is absolutely heavenly! Fresh tortillas are always preferred to store bought tacos, however, it is not always possible. So of course store bought tortillas will work.
If you want to try and make your own, check out this whole wheat tortillas recipe from 100 Days of Real Food.
What Can I Top My Fajitas With?
Toppings are super important! I am all about toppings. Here are a few of my favorite additions to throw on top of my fajitas:
- Pico De Gallo
- Diced Jalapeños
- Corn Salsa
- Bell Peppers
- Green Onion
- Refried Beans
- Black or Pinto Beans
- Spanish Rice
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
More Great Chicken Recipes For the Whole Family!
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Tangy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Slow Cooker Alfredo Pesto Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Marinated Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Steak Fajitas
Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies undrained
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 whole wheat tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce optional topping
- ½ cup salsa optional topping
- ½ cup sour cream optional topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together chicken, tomatoes, chilies, onion and pepper in prepared dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil and spices. Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve on tortillas.
- Top with shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream, if desired.
-Black or Pinto Beans
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
This post was included in our 10 of the Easiest One Pot Meals Video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.