Give me all the potatoes and cheese with this amazing potato casserole! I have made this recipe so many times to count, but I have never had anyone not like this casserole. It’s truly the best baked potatoes recipe I’ve made.
These potatoes are super creamy and buttery, everything you would want from your potatoes and more. The sour cream adds the right texture and a little added flavor to these potatoes.
What you need for our twice baked potatoes casserole:
Ingredients for this twice baked potato casserole:
- Russet potatoes
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
If you don’t have sour cream on hand, you can still make this recipe using a substitution. Check out THIS article from Tasteessence.com to find a substitute you could make from home!
These are all necessities for this twice baked potato casserole:
- Vegetable peeler (THIS one works great)
- Large pot & lid
- Pairing knife
- Colander (I like THIS one)
- Large skillet
- Hand mixer
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 9×13 inch baking pan
It’s time to up your cooking game:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
Time to make these cheesy bacon potatoes in the oven:
First, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Second, wash and peel all of the russet potatoes. After that is done, cut all of them into small 1 inch sized pieces.
Then, place the cut-up potatoes into a large pot and add in enough cold water to cover the potatoes by about 2 inches. Turn the burner on to medium-high heat and bring the water to a boil.
When the water reaches a boil, reduce the heat and let the potatoes simmer. You will cook the potatoes until they are tender and can be easily pierced with a pairing knife. This should take about 20 minutes.
After your potatoes are done cooking, pour the potatoes into a colander to drain the water and return the potatoes to the large pan and cover them with a lid.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the bacon strips and cook them until they are crisp and brown. Try and turn them only once in the process.
Once the bacon is done, remove them from the pan and place the bacon on paper towels to let them drain and cool down.
After the bacon has cooled down crumble it into small pieces.
Now, with the drained potatoes in the large pan, add in the cream cheese, butter, and sour cream and beat everything together with a hand mixer until they are well combined and smooth.
After that, add in the green onions, 2 cups of cheddar cheese, half of the crumbled bacon, salt, and pepper. Finally, use a large spoon or spatula, stir everything together until they are completely combined.
Next, transfer the mashed potatoes to the greased 9×13 inch baking pan and top it with the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
Next, place the paned mashed potatoes into the oven and bake it until the top is slightly golden brown and the potatoes have been heated all the way through. This should take about 30 minutes.
After it’s done cooking, remove it from the oven and garnish it with the leftover bacon crumbles and serve it!
If you like this recipe you definitely want to try our Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes!
Meal Planning Made Easy
“I have so much time!”
-No mom ever
Let us give you your time back. With the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans, we do the dinner planning, grocery ordering, and then all you have to do is decide whether to pick them up or have them delivered. With thousands of recipes right at your fingertips, you will find so many delicious dishes that your family can enjoy together.
Available on iOs, Google Play Store, and Desktop!
Want more easy potato casserole recipes?
Our YouTube channel has it all!
All of the health and comfort food you can handle. Of one my favorite easy potato casserole recipe is our Instant Pot sweet potato casserole. It is super creamy, flavorful, colorful and buttery.
More Delicious Casserole Recipes
- MILLION DOLLAR CASSEROLE
- CHICKEN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
- EASY CHICKEN AND NOODLE CASSEROLE
- COWBOY CASSEROLE (TATER TOT CASSEROLE)
- SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
- CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE (FUNERAL POTATOES)
- LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING CASSEROLE
Twice Baked Potato Casserole Recipe
- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 10 strips bacon
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 green onions (diced)
- 2 ½ cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in a large pot, and add enough cold water to cover by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until tender and easily pierced with a paring knife, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a colander to drain; return to pan, cover, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp and browned, turning once. Transfer to paper towels to drain; let cool, and crumble into pieces.
- Using a hand mixer, mash the potatoes in pan until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, and sour cream, and beat until combined and smooth. Add the green onions, 2 cups cheddar cheese, half the bacon, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake until top is slightly golden and potatoes are heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; garnish with remaining bacon.
- If you make this ahead of time be sure to refrigerate until baking.
- large pot
- Large Skillet
- potato masher
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
This recipe was included in our $5 Casseroles Video! For more easy and inexpensive recipes like this one, check it out here!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.