If I am being honest, I think breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. You get all the delicious tastes and protein and you can put it all in one dish! My husband loves this meal so much especially when I add some extra bacon to it.
You can play around with this meal. You can add extra bacon, ham, or any type of vegetables you think your kids will eat! Broccoli and peppers would taste amazing. But, I am pretty partial to how it is since it is super simple to throw together!
You can also make this up the night before and then throw it in the oven when you wake up in the morning. Talk about easy! You could even serve this sausage casserole for dinner.
Check out everything that you will need for this sausage breakfast casserole with crescent rolls in the lists below!
Family breakfast recipe ingredients:
- Ground sausage
- Crescent rolls
- Cheddar cheese
If you are feeling fancy you can even make your own homemade rolls with this buttery crescent rolls recipe from Taste of Home!
Everything else you will need for this great breakfast casserole:
- Skillet (THIS is a great one if you don’t have one already)
- 9 x 13 inch pan (I love THIS one!)
- Medium mixing bowl
START COOKING LIKE A CHEF!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
See exactly how to make up this sausage breakfast casserole (no bread needed):
To make this breakfast casserole start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, in the skillet cook up the ground sausage over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks. Make sure that it browns up completely. Then drain the grease.
Then, unroll the crescent rolls and spread them out into the bottom of the 9×13 inch pan. Press the seams together making it into one large sheet of dough (if you find that your store sells it this way that would work too!).
Now, spread the sausage evenly over top of the dough. Then top the sausage with the shredded cheddar cheese (you can also add in other flavors of cheese here as well if you want).
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oregano, salt, and pepper together until they are well combined.
Next, pour the egg and spices mixture over top of the cheese and sausage layer. It should just about cover the sausage.
Once the eggs and sausage layers have been completed, place the 9 x 13 inch pan in the oven and bake it for about 15-20 minutes or until the crust starts to turn a nice golden brown and the eggs are completely set up.
Do you like to play around with the recipes to suit your family?
Feel free to do that with this recipe! You can have fun with this casserole making any substitutions you want by adding ham or bacon, veggies (asparagus or mushrooms are good), and some other cheese flavors.
More breakfast casseroles to watch and see how they are made!
If you haven’t heard we have a great YouTube channel where we walk through our tried and true, picky eater approved, recipes from start to finish. Sometimes it is just nice to see how a recipe is made and you can find that on our channel! On Monday’s Kristin always shares new Instant Pot recipes. She even has 3 easy Instant Pot breakfast casseroles dump and go recipes that even beginners can do! Check them out now and make them for breakfast tomorrow.
Here are a few more breakfast recipes to start your day out right!
- COPYCAT JAMBA JUICE ALOHA PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- PEANUT BUTTER BREAKFAST BITES
- HEALTHY ONE PAN EGG AND TURKEY SKILLET
- SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- BACON AND EGG BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
- COUNTRY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat.
- Break up the sausage as it cooks, letting it brown completely. Drain excess grease.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and spread them out in the bottom of a 9 × 13 inch baking dish, pressing the seams together to make one large sheet of dough.
- Spread the sausage over the dough.
- Then add the cheese on top of the sausage.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with the milk, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until the crust is a nice golden brown and the eggs are set.