One of the best parts about Thanksgiving dinner: LEFTOVERS! Put those leftovers into this Leftover Thanksgiving Dinner Casserole. We usually eat turkey sandwiches for days following Thanksgiving.
But with Leftover Thanksgiving Dinner Casserole, it’s the perfect way to utilize those leftovers into a delicious dish.
This casserole is similar to a Shepherd’s pie, just in Thanksgiving fashion. Your family will love it.
If you need more ideas on what to make with leftover turkey, try these recipes:
- Cranberry Turkey Salad
- Turkey Mexican Casserole
- Creamy White Turkey Lasagna
- Turkey Cranberry Spinach Casserole
Ingredients Needed for Leftover Thanksgiving Dinner Casserole:
- Dry stuffing
- Chicken Broth
- Cooked Turkey
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Garlic Powder
- Sour Cream
- Mashed Potatoes (prepared)
- Salt and Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to make Leftover Thanksgiving Dinner Casserole Recipe:
In a large skillet, saute celery, onion, and apples in butter until tender.
Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, broth, and celery mixture.
Transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, spread around in the pan.
In another large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and 1/4 cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture. Spread mashed potatoes over turkey mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake uncovered at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Did you know we have a YouTube channel?
We show you how to how to make a recipe from start to finish in our kitchen. Our recipes are even picky eater approved!
GET YOUR KIDS INVOLVED WITH DINNER TIME!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
With our favorite one-pot wings dish or a no-bake peanut butter bar, this cookbook is a fool-proof solution to meal planning. It also features kid-friendly chapters such as Kid Favorites and Kids Can Cook.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Here are some delicious sides to go with this Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Casserole:
- Raspberry Cheesecake Fluff Salad
- Easy Homemade Rolls
- Green Beans with Candied Pecans
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Easy Bite Sized Apple Pies
Leftover Thanksgiving Dinner Casserole Recipe
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 apples seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup butter
- 6 cups cubed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups turkey cooked and diced
- 2 10.75 ounce cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 cups mashed potatoes prepared
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute celery, onion, and apples in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, broth, and celery mixture
- Transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, spread around in the pan.
- In another large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and 1/4 cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture. Spread mashed potatoes over turkey mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- 9×13 Inch Baking Dish
- Large Skillet
- Large Bowl (2)
This post was included in our UPGRADING Your Thanksgiving Leftovers video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.