Saturday mornings are meant for delicious, warm breakfasts. This simple skillet is all your favorite breakfast foods, deliciously combined into one. It also makes a great breakfast for when you’re camping, too!
Serves: 6 people
Sunrise Skillet Recipe
This sunrise skillet makes a delicious, warm breakfast or brunch
- ½ pound bacon
- 4 cups cubed frozen hashbrowns (or peeled and diced potatoes)
- ½ onion diced
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions diced
- Cook bacon in a skillet on the stove over medium heat until slightly crispy, then remove and set aside for later.
- Add in hash browns and onion directly to the skillet (don't rinse out the bacon drippings). Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Crumble bacon into potatoes, then add in beaten eggs and stir until they are fully cooked (about 2 minutes).
- Finish by sprinkling with cheese and chopped green onions and serve warm.
Calories: 598 kcal · Carbohydrates: 27 g · Protein: 13 g · Fat: 49 g · Saturated Fat: 20 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 219 mg · Sodium: 268 mg · Potassium: 503 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 1 g · Vitamin A: 466 IU · Vitamin C: 13 mg · Calcium: 179 mg · Iron: 2 mg
Questions & Reviews