Sausage and egg breakfast casserole is such an easy breakfast casserole to make! It also will feed the whole family.
Our kids love it so much that there is normally not much left if anything at all! It is an easy family breakfast to make for Christmas morning. So if you are looking for the best breakfast casserole recipe, you have found it!
You can also customize the recipe by adding what your family will like or what you have on hand. Talk about the perfect breakfast casserole!
Ingredients Needed For This Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole:
- Milk (I normally use skim)
- Crust loaf of French bread* cubes
- Black pepper
- Green bell pepper, diced
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Onion, diced
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese (or what you have on hand)
- Sausage (cooked and crumbled)
*You can use any bread that you prefer but you will need about 6 cups of bread cubes
How To Make This Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 325 degrees.
Then in a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs, pour in the milk, and salt and whisk it all together.
Using a greased 9×13 inch glass baking pan, distribute half of the bread across the bottom of the pan.
Then, spring on half of the green pepper, half of the red pepper, half of the onion, half of the cheese, and half of the sausage.
For the next layer of this sausage and egg casserole, spread out the bread again and repeat the layer with the remaining peppers, onion, cheese, and sausage.
Then, sprinkle the black pepper over top of the layers and then pour the egg mixture over top of the layers.
Now just place the casserole in the oven for 60 minutes.
Then remove it from the oven, serve and enjoy! Then if there is anything left, just cover it and refrigerate the leftovers.
Items you will need for this make ahead Sausage and Egg breakfast casserole:
- Large mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch glass baking pan (THIS is a great one)
- Nonstick cooking spray
MEAL PLANNING MADE EASY
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. Each recipe is tried and true, so we are confident you will love it.
Some of our best memories were made at the dinner table and that is something we wanted to help other families have time for.
Our simple weekly dinner meal plans take all the stress and guesswork out of “What’s for dinner?” and turn it into a tradition of spending time with family.
Adjust your serving size to fit the needs of your family, and customize your plan with our library of 3000+ recipes. It’s time to start enjoying dinnertime!
What is the difference between the types of sausage?
There are many different types of sausage. But what one do you use and when?
Check out this Sausage 101: Your Guide to Everything Sausage by Premio to find out what kind to use when. We love to use regular pork sausage for this recipe.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Make Breakfast Easy With These Casseroles:
- Blueberry Croissant Breakfast Bake Recipe
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Easy Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Sausage Strata Recipe
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf French Bread Cubed
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 pound ground sausage cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl.
- Distribute half of the bread evenly in a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle on half of the green peppers, half of the red peppers, half of the onion, half of the cheese, and half of the sausage. Repeat the layering again with the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle black pepper on top.
- Pour the egg mixture over the casserole and bake for 60 minutes.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. Serves 8-10.
- 9 x 13 baking dish
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.