Christmas is coming so quickly! If you don’t know what you are having for breakfast then you should give this a try! It only takes a few minutes to throw together and everyone will love it!
Related recipe: Love biscuits AND casseroles? Try our Beef and Biscuit Casserole Recipe, too!
Biscuits and Gravy Casserole Recipe
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Open biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Layer half of the cut biscuits in your prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While it bakes, brown the sausage in a skillet over medium high heat until fully cooked, then drain grease well.
- Add flour to the cooked sausage and mix until all is covered.
- Lower heat to medium, and cook flour/sausage mixture for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper and stir to combine until it comes to a slight boil.
- If the gravy is too thick, add a bit more milk. You want the gravy to be thickened but not too thick.
- Pour the sausage gravy over the cooked biscuits.
- Layer the remaining uncooked, quartered biscuits over the gravy.
- Place casserole dish on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- If they start to get too brown, you can cover with foil for the last 10 minutes.
- 9"X9" pan