A delicious breakfast recipe you will LOVE. We love this Breakfast Sausage Strata. Breakfast was already my favorite meal of the day, but it just got a whole lot better.
Full of protein, and all the goods, to help you feel full and fueled throughout your morning.
It’s easy to whip together and tastes amazing. It’s also great for breakfast for dinner, or to make ahead of time, and use as breakfast or dinner meal prep throughout the week.
The story behind breakfast sausage strata:
My husband is not a breakfast easter. It drives me crazy, because I am a big time breakfast eater, and can’t get enough of it.
However, he loves eating breakfast burritos, and other breakfast foods, not at breakfast.
I decided I was going to take the filling out of the breakfast burrito, and make a meal he couldn’t resist.
That is how this Breakfast Sausage Strata was born. It has all the flavor and fillings of a breakfast burrito, without the tortilla (but you could easily add tortilla, or scoop this into a tortilla).
This is a great recipe that can be made ahead of time, and microwaved or cooked throughout the week. Delicious and simple.
What other meat would be good in this?
Have you seen the Office episode where Michael Scott burns his foot on the George Foreman Grill, because he likes to wake up to the smell of crackling bacon?
I feel him. Because there is no better breakfast meat out there. I do love sausage, but this recipe would be absolutely amazing in this recipe.
We used sausage in this recipe, but if you are looking to switch it up, here are a few other meats that would taste delicious on this grilled cheese melt:
- ground turkey
- turkey sausage
- beef sausage
- pork sausage
- turkey bacon
- Canadian bacon
You could also make it without meat, but my husband has converted me to be a carnivore at every meal. I love the meats.
Watch how to make another yummy breakfast recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Frozen Breakfast Burritos are so easy to throw together and taste absolutely amazing. They only require a few simple ingredients, and are great for busy mornings. Watch how easy they are to make, here:
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
Breakfast Sausage Strata Recipe
- 1 pound turkey sausage lean
- 12 English Muffins halved
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until it is browned and then drain grease.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Arrange 6 English muffins (12 halves) and put them in the bottom of the pan.
- Top with half of the sausage and half of the cheese.
- Add another layer of English muffins, and then add the rest of the sausage.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the 8 eggs, sour cream, and green pepper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Then pour it over the English muffins so it covers all the bread.
- Add the rest of the cheese and let sit for 10 minutes to the eggs can soak in.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes until cooked through.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl