German Pancakes are a popular breakfast food for many and they are our family’s Christmas breakfast tradition that we look forward to, all year long.
You can pile them high with whipped cream and berries, or smother them in syrup. There is no wrong way to eat these.
We want to know your favorite Christmas traditions. Tell us in our comments, below.
Don’t want to make your own whipped cream?
This recipe includes homemade whipped cream, however, you could easily buy your own, or even go without it if you prefer.
We personally enjoy the homemade whipped cream much better than the store bought, but it is a delicious alternative.
What could I garnish my German Pancakes with?
The best part about German pancakes are the toppings. These pancakes taste great on their own, but if you want to step up your game, try these toppings:
- Butter, Cinnamon and Sugar: This is one of my favorites. German Pancakes are a lot like scones to me, so they taste amazing with some butter, cinnamon, and sugar on them.
- Nutella: I am a huge Nutella fan but adding a dollop to German Pancakes is truly life changing. The textures and flavors come together so well, and leave your mouth exploding with flavor.
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips: You had to know this one was coming with my love of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I love the sweet and salty, and they taste that much better on German Pancakes.
- Fruit and Syrup: This one is a classic. I love adding berries, bananas, powdered sugar and syrup to these pancakes.
- Flavored Syrups: These German Pancakes are a great base to any flavored syrup. I love blueberry and raspberry syrup with these, but really, any syrup goes.
- Powdered sugar: honestly, this is the only topping you need. Just add a dash of powered sugar and you are set. They are absolutely delicious.
Meal Planning Made Easy
“I have so much time!”
-No mom ever
Let us give you your time back. With the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans, we do the dinner planning, grocery ordering, and then all you have to do is decide whether to pick them up or have them delivered. With thousands of recipes right at your fingertips, you will find so many delicious dishes that your family can enjoy together.
Available on iOs, Google Play Store, and Desktop!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We created it, specifically with you in mind. We are all about making our recipes easy for you, so we decided to show you how to make each one.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family is going to love it, even the pickiest eaters.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you what to do at each part.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Macadamia Nut Pancakes
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Waffles with Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce
- Easy Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Pancakes (Freezer Meal)
German Pancakes Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly beat eggs, then add in sifted flour, cornmeal, buttermilk, and milk. Beat 5 minutes (you can use a blender to mix everything if you would like).
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish in the oven. Pour the batter into the pan, spread around, and bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Beat heavy cream with powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Top pancakes with whipped cream and berries.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9×13" Baking Pan
Recipe source: Simply Tradition
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!