One of my favorite meals of the day has always been breakfast! However, it’s also one of the most difficult meals for me to actually sit down and make.
I’ve been a grab on the go kind of girl lately, especially in my third trimester of pregnancy where I wake up absolutely starving, I don’t want to wait any longer for breakfast to be ready!
That being said, I’ve been missing my favorite breakfast foods like crazy, and I know it’s only going to get busier once the baby gets here.
I decided grab and go breakfasts aren’t so bad when I can make my favorite breakfast foods for dinner! These Breakfast Tostadas are good anytime of day, but seem to be a new favorite in our meal rotation.
Breakfast Tostada Toppings
I love that I can throw in just about any vegetable into this recipe and it’s still delicious. I’ve listed our basic recipe down below, but here are a few things we’ve been loving in ours the last few weeks.
- Green peppers
- Red peppers
- Yellow peppers
- Jalapeno (the jarred kind aren’t as spicy as the fresh ones!)
- Diced zucchini
- Green onion
- Riced sweet potatoes (you can find these in the frozen section)
- Chicken sausage
- Italian sausage
- Cheddar cheese
- Pepper jack cheese
- Feta cheese
How to make Breakfast Tostadas
I may claim to not have time for these in the morning, but they are pretty quick to throw together! Here’s how we make our tostadas
- Over medium heat, cook peppers and chicken sausage until peppers are cooked through.
- Add eggs, spinach, salt and pepper and scramble until eggs are fully cooked.
- Top tostada shells with eggs and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Top with your favorite salsa.
related recipe: if you love these breakfast tostadas, you’ll want to try our SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE.
Delicious breakfast recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff:
- Oven Poached Eggs
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Muffins
- Sweet Potato Sausage Hash
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!